24

"What do you think of Mai?" Azula asked as Tsai was brushing her hair for what seemed to be the hundred time.

After having served Azula for several weeks now she finally realized what she had meant by unbearable torture. Azula was lonely. She was truly alone and didn't know how to have people around her without intimidating them which is why she had figuratively chained her to her person.

"I don't," the other retorted in the dead tone she always spoke to the princess with. She didn't want to think about her ex's new girlfriend least of all.

"Do you think she's pretty?" Azula asked with an edge to her voice.
"Yes," Tsai answered flatly. "What do you like about her?" She asked once again. "Her skin is flawless," She brushed. "Her hair as dark as the night," she brushed again. "She carries herself with such elegance..." She brushed harder this time pulling on a knot on the princess's hair. Tsai mumbled an apology and began brushing from the count of zero once again. It was no wonder Zuko liked her...

"I've met melons with better personalities," Azula commented. The red head couldn't help it she let out a small laugh a sincere one at that. She had to give to Azula the girl seemed very serious.

"What about Ty Lee?" The princess continued.
"I have no idea who that is," the other retorted reverted to her zombie like state.

"You'll get to meet her this weekend, when we go to Ember Island," Azula said looking for the girl's reaction out of the corner of her eyes. "Ember Island?" The other blinked twice confused.

Was that some kind of torture chamber?

xxx

Ember Island might as well have been a torture chamber.

"I'm so excited to spend the weekend on Ember Island." Ty Lee one of Azula's best friends, a cute girl with a long braid of beautiful brown hair, commented happily as she stood on the small ferry cruising through the ocean towards the island resort with Azula, Tsai, Zuko, and Mai, "It's going to be great to hang out on the beach and do nothing."

'How can she be friends with Azula?'Thought Tsai confused. She seemed too sweet and innocent. She could understand Mai, but this? Her?

"Doing nothing is a waste of time." Zuko snapped angrily as he stood from his seat on the bench next to Mai, "We're being sent away on a forced vacation." He stalked over and gripped the railing of the ferry with a scowl, "I feel like a child."

"Lighten up." Azula quipped sardonically from her spot leaning against the railing at the front of the ferry beside Ty Lee, her arms crossed over her chest. Zuko snapped out of his train of thoughts.
"So Dad wants to meet with his advisors alone, without anyone else around. Don't take it personally. I already told you he's just paranoid about the intruder."

Zuko's eyes immediately focused on the girl from the colonies that was sitting next to Azula. It was so plainly obvious to him now.
She had never betrayed Iroh. She just wanted everyone to think that she had. That's why she was skunking around the palace at night...

Her ears perked at the mention of an intruder in the palace and body slightly tensed. Regardless of Azula's comment her lost gaze remained fixed on the distant ocean. Not wanting to be with this present company. Not wanting to see Zuko's new girlfriend leeching onto his arm.

Ty Lee suddenly turned towards the Fire Nation princess with a curious expression, "Doesn't your family have a house on Ember Island?"

"We used to come every summer when we were kids." Azula replied nostalgically, turning her head slightly towards Ty Lee as she spoke.