38

Katara, Tsai and Zuko approached the Fire Nation's Mainland soaring the crimson skies, wind strongly beating against their faces, fear and anticipation building up in them as their emotions stirred.

Zuko had an apprehensive look on his face, Tsai looked fearful as they both starred at the grim predicament, they were in. Katara was eyeing both of them from the side. The three of them huddled on top of Appa's large head.

"Don't worry guys. We can take Azula," Katara said reassuringly trying to squeeze an ounce of optimism from either of them.

"I'm not worried about her," Zuko responded with a frown. "I'm worried about Aang. What if he doesn't have the guts to take out my father? What if he loses?"

"Aang won't lose. He's gonna come back" Katara stated confidently, then she looked straight ahead again. "He has to. He told Tsai himself."

"Right?" Katara turned seeking for some reassurance. Who simply kept her eyes glued to the main land in the horizon. This was it, the red ashen skies from her nightmares. "I can feel it." She confessed. "The comet..."

Her stomach churned with unease. She could feel its energy making her heart beat faster, her heart pound harder and faster against her rib cage.

Xxx

Fire Lord Ozai leapt off the zeppelin and landed on a pillar before Aang. His menacing golden eyes narrowed as he stared down the young Avatar that stood before him.

As promised Aang had returned from the Spirit World to defeat the Fire Lord and bring an end to the war.

"After generations of Fire Lords failed to find you, now the Universe delivers you to me as an act of providence."

"Please listen to me." Aang spoke steadily, staring at the Fire Lord pleadingly hoping they could reach a peaceful agreement. All of his surroundings engulfed in vibrant flames from the Fire Lord's attack which burned ardently consuming everything in their path.
"We don't have to fight. You have the power to end it here and stop what you're doing."

"You are right." Fire Lord Ozai deliberated, his lips curling at the corners in a malicious sneer, "I do have all the power. I have all the power in the world!"

Ozai tossed his head back and hellish amounts of flames erupted from his wide-open mouth and hands as he roared. Aang shut his eyes tightly for a moment before shifting into a defensive bending stance. If the Fire Lord wasn't going to give him a choice...

Xxx

The Fire Nation's Royal Plaza stood abandoned. Not a single soul to witness the coronation of their rising Fire Lord.
The skies were painted in that horrendous shade of mandarin.

Azula knelt wearing a set of elegantly crafted regal robes. Her head lowered and eyes closed. Behind her stood a handful of Fire Sages, all with their hands hidden in their cardinal sleeves.

"...By decree of Phoenix King Ozai," The crowning Fire Sage who stood behind her spoke the ceremonial words loudly as he held up the Fire Lord's head piece crown. "I now crown you Fire Lord-"

The Fire Sage grew silent. His eyes widening at the incredible sight. Azula narrowed her eyes and turned to scowl menacingly at the distracted elder Fire Sage.

"What are you waiting for?! Do it!" Azula pressed urgently.

Hearing a loud bellow, Azula snapped her head in the direction of the noise and witnessed a flying bison soaring over the plaza landing directly in front of the staircase from where she knelt with the Fire Sages. Appa landed with a heavy thud and she saw her brother standing on the bison's large head.