28

"Just where do you think you're coming from?" Katara was waiting awake with her arms crossed in the middle of the courtyard. Her angry eyes glared at the younger girl.

"I went to see Zuko," she sighed growing annoyed.

"Her I understand!" Katara glared at Tsai who was just about to walk into the courtyard. "But you?"

"Nice to see you too," the red head muttered sarcastically under her breath before stalking over to her sleeping bag.

"I just wanted to talk to him. I think he can be helpful to us. So, we talked, I think maybe we could work something out. He really is willing to do anything to join our group." Toph explained bored.

"Andthem?" Katara narrowed her eyes to the Fire Nation girl who was laying down to bed. "What were they doing?"

Toph felt the nausea creeping up her esophagus at the sappy duo. "Ugh, don't remind me."

Xxx

"Wake up!"

Tsai opened her eyes and they immediately composed into a deep scowl. That voice. "Wake up!" Katara repeated again. "It's bad enough your snoring didn't let any of us sleep last night." She hissed both hands on her hips as she looked down at the girl. Talk about a rude awakening.

"What could possibly be so urgent?" She spoke through gritted teeth rubbing her sleepy eyes.

"What are you and Zuko plotting?" She sneered still glaring.

"What are you talking about?" The girl sat up.

"I know you're up to something," Katara warned menacingly.

"I just woke up. I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about?" She said groggily as she stood up.

"Oh yeah? What is this then!" Katara pulled a paper from her back. It was a note with some writings in it.

"'Tsai, pretend like you are their friend and infiltrate them. Let them let their guard down. ThenIwill attack when the time is right. - Zuko'" She read the note.

"What?" The other retorted. Let me see what, she wanted to snatch it out of her hands.

"Tsai is that true?" Asked Aang sounding hurt as he stood next to Katara.

"I have never seen that note in my life!" She said eyes wide.

"Then why was it in your stuff? Katara challenged with a slight smirk. "You were looking through my stuff?" The girl roared. "Only because I suspected something was wrong and of course I was right!" She clenched the note in her fists.

"That is not mine," she shook her head. "First of all, why would he give me a note if I literally had a conversation with him last night? Second that's not even his handwriting and third if he had actually written that he would've said"We"not "I""She said sternly both fists clenched at her sides angrily.

"Zuko is still clearly dangerous." Sokka stated without second guessing his sister as he pulled out his boomerang ready to go after a rumble "We're gonna have to go after him."

"You're right Sokka." Aang agreed with a disappointed shake of his head, "After this, I don't think we have a choice."

Tsai's mouth opened as she looked at the three of them in aghast in disbelief.

"Zuko's crafty, but we'll find a way to capture him."

"She's telling the truth." Toph suddenly said. "She has no idea about the note."

Both Aang and Sokka looked at her confused. "Then why is the note here?"

"It really doesn't make any sense," Toph said. "I saw them together last night. There was no conspiration or any of that. I don't understand why they would exchange notes."