29

The views of the Western Air Temple were really something to marvel at. Tsai sat on the edge of the plaza looking at the distance both of her feet hanging off the edge. The weather was nice. Sun was shining bright above, and she kept to herself sipping on a hot cup of tea. Intaking the fresh morning air.

Buried in the back of her head were questions about her spirit. The Sun.
Her brother was a constant and she didn't even want to think about her parents... She flinched slightly when she remembered the lifeless eyes which her father had looked at her when he denounced her as his daughter. The thought numbed her.

"What's on your mind?" Zuko who was sitting next to her asked. One of his legs hung lazily down the ledge the other was folded at his side.

"Nothing," she sighed with a sad smiled before turning to face him.

Various prying eyes watched from afar as they gathered around for breakfast. They watched from a distance as the prince slowly, almost painfully inched his hand towards her in calculated movements until his hand made contact with her. She didn't move, didn't turn to look at him when just their little fingers intertwined.

"Ugh.." Sokka groaned nauseously from the distance as he looked at the couple. "Toph's right. I think I feel my breakfast coming up." Those two were just sosappy.

"I think it's kind of sweet." Aang admitted with a small smile. "Everyone deserves love, even Zuko." He shrugged.

Katara glared at Aang as she finished eating her breakfast.

It was then that they noticed that a discussion ensured in between the couple and upset she stood up leaving him alone to sigh miserably while sitting on the ledge by himself.

"Seems like there's trouble in paradise," Katara said snidely as she poked at her food with the slightest of smirks on her face.

Aang looked between the girl that was walking away and back to the gloomy boy that sat on the edge of the cliff alone. "I'm going to go talk to him," Aang stood up determined. The other all recoiled slightly.

"Hey," Aang said as he took a seat next to Zuko. The kind natured boy was never one to disfavor friends or foes. If somebody needed help, he would be there. "Hey," The other grumbled while kicking at the nothing frustrated.

"Hey, you okay? What happened?" Aang asked innocently.

Zuko was notabout to have thisconversation with the Avatar. Now more than ever he wished that his uncle was here. He'dknow what to do.

"Let's go teach you some firebending," Zuko groaned coming to his feet and walking away avoiding the conversation entirely. Aang raised his hands confused turned to look at the group who was nosily watching and hanging his head in defeat followed after his new firebending teacher.

"I know you're nervous," Zuko said patiently as he stood in front of Aang on an upper balcony of the group's pagoda an hour or so after breakfast, "But remember, firebending in and of itself is not something to fear."

Aang sighed and bit his lip hesitantly, "Okay, not something fear."

"But if you don't respect it," Zuko crossed his arms and raised his voice slightly, "It'll chew you up and spit you out like an angry komodo-rhino!" He said roughly.

Aang squeaked nervously and leaned back, staring at the older boy with wide gray eyes. Nodding once, Zuko gestured for Aang to stand up with one hand, "Now show me what you've got. Any amount of fire you can make."

The young Avatar exhaled slowly and stood up. He took a nervous breath then twisted around, thrusting his hand out to the side. A small cloud of smoke erupted from his palm and dissipated a second later. Aang smiled sheepishly over at Zuko, "Maybe I need a little more instruction. Perhaps a demonstration?"