31

AN: So I've been getting a lot of questions how the characters' names are pronounced. Tsai (sounds like sai or sigh) and Mecha (sounds like meka/Mecca)

(Also let me know if you can find the 2 parallels in this chapter.)

xxx

"No one can make tea like, Uncle." Zuko stated as he finished pouring some tea into some cups in front of him. He felt a pricking stare at his side. "Well maybe Tsai can." He added nervously appeasing the girl that was glaring at him.

He smiled slightly and looked down at the cups, "But hopefully I learned a thing or two."

"I taught him how to brew tea," Tsai said proudly leaning over and whispering to Toph who genuinely did not care.

He set the teapot down and picked up the tray, "Would you guys like to hear Uncle's favorite tea joke?"

"Sure." Katara agreed reluctantly.

"I like jokes." Aang added eagerly.

The red-headed nodded and looked at him eagerly. She missed Iroh dearly. The older man had brought her a lot of comfort during some of the hardest times in her life.

Toph smirked and added her own confirmation, "Bring it."

"Okay." Zuko said as he stood and walked over to kneel between Haru and The Duke, both of whom helped themselves to a cup from the tray. "Well, I can't remember how it starts but the punch line is 'Leaf me alone, I'm bushed.'"

Tsai actually laughed. Not because the joke was funny but because this dork could never get the punchline right. Her face burned a little in embarrassment when she realized nobody else was laughing. They all turned to look at her awkwardly. Zuko coughed uncomfortably and stood walking over to where Aang and Katara were sitting.

"Well, it's funnier when Uncle tells it."

"Right." Katara drawled mockingly as she picked up a cup from the tray. "Maybe that's because he remembers the whole thing."

Aang laughed, helping himself to a cup while the rest of the group chuckled in agreement. Zuko smiled slightly and straightened then made his way over to Toph and Teo. He handed a cup to Teo then to Toph.

"It's nice to get a chance to relax a little." Toph commented with a smile, accepting the cup Zuko placed in her hands. "It hardly ever happens."

He walked around Toph and kneeled on Tsai's side handing her a cup. She took it from him her hand lingering over his for only a moment.

"Thank you," she said not meeting his eyes.

"You're welcome." He responded turning away also not meeting her averting gaze.

Toph groaned a little at the dense tension those two were exuberating. It was almost painful to be around them.

Zuko stood back up and walked over to where Sokka was sitting just a little outside of the group's circle with his back to them miserably poking at the group with a stick.

Sokka looked up at Zuko when he stopped in front of him, "Hey, can I talk to you for a second?"

He got up and walked away, Zuko watching him leave before setting his tray down and following. They walked out into the courtyard where Appa was resting, several yards away from where the group was sitting around the fire where the two could converse in private.

"So," Zuko said quietly as they came to a stop beside Appa, who woke up and looked at them a moment before going back to sleep, "What's up?"

Sokka crossed his arms and stared out at the canyon with his back to Zuko. "If someone was captured by the Fire Nation, where would they be taken?"