26

How had things gotten this bad...

Tsai's world was upside down. Literally.

The servant was currently bind by both of her ankles and hung in an extremely painful upside-down suspension. The ties on her limbs were extremely tight restricting the blood flow. Her ankle joins were slowly being pulled apart by her own weight. All the blood had rushed to her head giving her a terrible headache. She almost felt like she was going to pass out again. She didn't know how long she had been in this position... Then again- how had things gotten this bad?

xxx

"Lunchtime, General Iroh." Ming smiled as she entered Iroh's cell with the tray of food in her hands. She kneeled before the bars, glancing over her shoulder at the open door, before looking back at whispering conspiratorially, "And this time, I brought you an extra bowl of rice."

"Thank you, Ming." Iroh replied with his own soft smile, "Your little gestures of kindness have made my days in prison bearable." He stared at the young woman for a moment thoughtful then he smiled again, "I think you should take the rest of the day off."

Ming gave him a confused look, "What?"

"You don't look well." Iroh explained easily, "Maybe you should go home and rest."

"No, I feel fine."

Iroh leaned forward and grasped the bars of his cell, "Trust me. It is better that you are not here this afternoon."

Ming stared at him for a moment then nodded in understanding. Iroh watched as she stood up and exited his prison cell then he closed his eyes to meditate.

Iroh ate his rice quietly, alone. He knew what was coming. The day of the black sun was upon them.

xxx

Zuko kneeled before a painting of his mother with his head bowed, "I know I've made some bad choices, but I'm gonna set things right." He stood, picked up his sword, and pulled the hood of his robe over his head. Taking a deep breath, he turned his back on the painting and exited the room.

Xxx

Tsai's head lolled to the side as she was taken out of the torture chamber. She struggled to remain conscious. Her head had a terrible ache to it. Her bones hurt. Her limbs. She could still feel the blood rushing to her limbs as she was dragged out of the chamber. Her feet limp dragging across the floor.

xxx

It was turn for the Avatar and the Resistance to fight back and defeat Fire Lord Ozai and the vile Fire Nation.

It had been a strenuous long journey here. Countless of sacrifices had been made. War raged upon them as Aang stormed inside of a seemingly empty palace. He airbendended himself into a dark and empty throne room. He was ready to fight with his arms up in a combative stance but straightened from his pose and stared in shock at the empty throne at the end of the room.

He was too late.

"No." He growled in frustration as he dropped his staff and fell to his knees.

The Fire Lord was gone.

"No, no, no! Fire Lord Ozai, where are you!?"

Xxx

Ozai grinned wickedly as the greatest traitor in the history of the Fire Nation was taken before him. She was tossed to the ground like a worthless sack of bones and she looked up glowering in defiance. A nerve splitting headache made it feel as if her head was going to explode. She raised her head and her blood ran cold, all that blood drained from her face and she paled fearfully at the man who was standing next to the Fire Lord.