BLUR WINTERS

<< Don't forget to vote>>

Cathedral

The Winters were always my favorite, sitting by the window in my dorm with a latte and reading a romantic novel, but along with winters came the Winter Formals at my university, which I needed to attend if I wanted some extra credits to finish graduation next year.

I straightened my ocean blue strapless dress and touched my long honey brown hairs which flowed down my waist elegantly. Having no date is really mundane. Unamused by the students dance, I left the room to sit by the stairs outside. The silence was peaceful.

" Is this seat taken?" a deep and masculine voice said.

" No, sir." I said as I looked up.

 He was a tall man of about 6'2 towering my small form who looked a little elder to me. In the dull illumination, I could see his sharp jawline and his built form but what had me lost was his eyes. Those forest green orbs held a magic and shined in the least illuminated light . 

" I am Jason Blake." He said as he sat down beside me.

" Cathedral, Cathedral Weston, nice to meet you."

" So Wes, are you seeing someone?"

_________________________________________________________________________

I was a nervous wreck as I stood out of my dorm wing's gate waiting for Jason to pick me up for our date and my very first.

I pulled my grey coat closer and a sleek, black lamborghini pulled up right in front of me.

" Hey" I said as Jason came out and kissed my cheek and they turned red and my lips curled into a smile. It's not been a long time since our first meet, we had bumped into each other once again at starbucks. I felt good being around him.

He was the CEO of Blake corporations and was in town for business, I was surprised thinking of how we have not met anytime before considering that the Blakes were our family friends and business partners.  

" Hey, this is for you." It was a yellow rose which signified friendship. My heart fluttered in joy by his gesture.

" Thank you, it's beautiful" 

" Not as much as you." His comment making me blush.

" Come on, let's get started , it's a couple hour drive."

" Can I know where are you taking me?" I asked as he opened the door for me.

" No you can't" He said and revived the engine.

A few minutes passed in a comfortable silence. I felt a tug on my hand as I looked to see my hand in Jason's as he smiled at me and his eyes lit up.

" I hope it was not inconvenient to get up early?" 

"  No, in fact I get up an hour early."

" And what do you do?"

" I work on my assignments or help my teachers for extra credits."

" Shouldn't you be enjoying this time, I mean go out with friends?"

"  I-I don't get enough time." It was so complicated, this simple word, friends.

He nodded while looking at the road and driving. My hand still in his, as they were meant to stick together through tough times and cherish each other.

 Jason said that we had reached our destination. The sight in front of us was beautiful, it was small yet cozy house in the middle of greenery. 

" This place is so perfect, thank you for bringing me here." I smiled at him.