FORGIVE ME CATHEDRAL, FOR I HAVE BITCHED

CATHEDRAL'S POV

I was in a tight daze of confusion and shock. Words died at the base of my tongue.

I looked at her in shock as she came and pulled me into a warm embrace, too shocking again! She pulled off when I didn't respond to her hug which had caught me totally off guard. Her eyes glassy with tears and a weak smile craned upto her lips.

" Vanessa?" That was all I could manage to say. I looked at her closely, she had bags under her eyes and her face had lost the radiance it held.

" Forgive me Cathedral, I am sorry." She cried and tears ran down.

" I am sorry for every single thing I have said to you, about Alex, Jason and yourself. I am so ashamed of myself." She wailed and hugged me again. This time I had opened my arms to her.

" I have forgiven you Vanessa, you all are family to me." I tried to calm her down.

" You forgive me, after everything I have said?" She looked rather surprised by my words.

" Yes Vanessa, I know you never meant what you said." I smiled. She took both of my hands in hers.

" I can't thank you enough for taking care of Samantha. You have proven to be a bett-" I knew what she was going to say and it was very false.

" Vanessa, I love Samantha like my own daughter." I took a pause and inhaled sharply.

" But I can never replace you. There is a special bond between a mother and a child, only between them which none can come between." My own words were dragging me into the puddle of emotions.

She sobbed even harder. Jared came to her side and hugged her.

" Thank you Cathedral for taking care of Samantha." He said firmly, holding onto Vanessa.

" Believe me, I loved it here with her." And it was breaking my soul to let her go.

" Enough with wailing everyone and sister darling, your tears are spoiling my expensive carpet." Jason said and kissed me on the cheek, I smiled at him in response.

" Yeah I am berry hungwy!" Samantha complained and pulled us all towards the dining area.

Juliana served the lunch while I and Jason helped her. Jason had also pulled out a bottle of wine while I prepared my special milk one last time for Samantha on her demand. Samantha was blooming with happiness on hearing the news that she would be going back with her parents. I was happy seeing her smiling.

I turned off the gas and poured the milk into a glass and proceeded towards the dining table where everyone was seated.

Juliana had already served us and we dug in.

" So honey, did you enjoy staying here?" Jared asked to Samantha who was seated in Jason's lap.

" Yes daddy, aunty Cathy is so good like angels are. Can we take her with us?" She pleaded looking at Jared and Vanessa while we all laughed so hard, nearly knocking ourselves down the chairs.

" No you can't aunty Cathy belongs to your uncle Jason like I belong to your dad." Vanessa explained to her.

" Yes flower, I can't let you take her from me." Jason said, acting like a five-year-old child. I amused at his gesture.

The strands of various conversations from business to family knitted together and the food was devoured by everyone.

" Before we leave, Cathedral can I talk to you for a second?" Vanessa asked me while shifting from the love seat she and Jared were sitting on in the living room. I had been distracted by the sound of cutlery when Vanessa spoke my name. The noises cames as Juliana was clearing the table and doing dishes as we had finished our lunch.