OFFICE AND NO DINNER

CATHEDRAL'S POV

The alarm kept blaring as I was in the shower and Jason showing no pain to shut that thing up. The blaring had stopped as I came into the room and drying my hair. Jason was not in the bed. I took hair dryer and blow dried my hair. 

I sat on the dining table going through the files of the new project which was going to be a cafe. I had to spend most of my working hours on the site rather than in the office, while Jason would head the administration. But today I had a meeting, all that welcoming and discussing the future plans and project.

" Good morning, grey suits you." Jason greeted me.

" Hey, you are like 2 minutes late." I said while handing him a cup of coffee.

" Well you see, You were in the shower and I had to run all the way up to the next room to just take a shower."

" Let us leave or we'll be late on our first day." I said and took my blazer and my bag.

The car ride was silent apart from when the driver introduced himself to us.

" Will you be okay on your own, Wes?"

" Jason, I'll be fine and I am just a floor away from you." Jason would be on the top floor while I would be a level lower it, in the construction. I stepped out as it was my floor and waved at Jason.

I walked to the receptionist and asked for the directions to the meeting room. I entered to find it mostly empty. I sat there drinking my coffee as I saw a familiar face.

" Mr Lewis, good morning sir!" He was one of the oldest employees working with us and I was inspired by our home which he had designed. He had the ability to give cement and bricks a homely touch.

" Cathedral Weston, You have all grown up!" He said.

" Why architecture, I thought you would go for business." He continued.

" I love working with buildings and making them something more than brick and cement."

" You are not here to head, why?" He aked.

" I am here to learn and pursue the thing I am passionate about."

" Well, the rooms filling in, let us start with the meeting."

The meeting was interesting with everyone giving their suggestions and I gave mine, which was taken into consideration. My idea was to make a vintage and a carnival themed cafe suitable for all ages. I went through many ideas and drafts that many of my colleagues had drew. I choose to work as an employee to get to know the work and the best way to head.

" What do you think Miss Weston?" Mr Lewis asked.

" Sir, It is Cathedral and I am considering a couple of ideas of something more old school and homely rather than something that screams rich." I answered looking up the files.

" We will discuss it in the next meeting. You have the time till then to come up with the sketches and here are some documents you have to go through." He said dumping a mountain of files before leaving.

Apparently, I had to go through some files of previous projects and make a report on them tp get an idea of the new project. I would be lying to say that it was not boring but I had to do it.

There were total seven documents of seven previous projects done in last two years. The first three files took me four hours to study and to prepare a full report. The file I was currently reading and taking notes of was of a five star restaurant, which will definitely take me hours to complete. My phone rang and I became alert.