Chapter One

There seemed to have been a lot of rumor about a certain 'monster' that lived in the nearby castle, next to the town I live in. This monster had been rumored to have killed an innocent boy, raped a woman, robbed a house, and attacked a child. These crimes were all performed by the so called Edward. Though what most people call him now, Edward Scissorhands. I like to keep it simple though, I just call him Edward. It's easier that way. Apparently he was terrifying and weird, though at first he ended up having quite a bit of a reputation. From a lonely man, to a man who cut plants, to a hairstylist for dogs, to an actual hairstylist, and then to a criminal. There were horror stories of him all around the town I live in, especially from my best friend Kimberly. Kim's granddaughter, of course named after her. Though Kimberly has become ashamed of her name, she says that her grandmother was a horrible human for have fallen in love with a monster like Edward. She always tells me the story, whenever possible. I never understood why she hated Edward so much, from what she told me he seemed very charming, just somewhat misunderstood. Of course I didn't say anything back to her, I could be completely harassed by the townsfolk, who already are disgusted by his name.

"Y/N! Come on stop day dreaming!" Kimberly called out to me, I had completely forgotten where I was. I looked around, it was the neighborhood that was so familiar yet distant to me. I sat on the vibrant green grass, watching Kimberly walk towards a boy.

"Y/N, what are you doing?" Asked one of the boys. The boy was named Charlie, he had brown hair and blue eyes, he always stares at me at any chance given. There were rumors that apparently he liked me, but the feelings were not mutual.

"Sorry about that, I think I'll head home. I'm pretty tired." I say, looking back, and being faced with my light blue colored house.

I walk in, I live alone since I don't really have any family, not any I'm close to at least. This house was the cheapest one I could find.

Closing the door, I sit on the nearby couch, and go back to daydreaming. Edward pops in my head again, I think of the castle, the snow, and the light sound of scissors chopping away. A grin is quickly on my face, and I think. He must be alive, he has to be alive. There's snow, he has to be out there. My mind starts rushing, and I quickly make up my mind.

I'll see if he really is still alive.