Chapter Two

In my mind, I developed a plan. I'd collect as many supplies as possible, from food, to books, and to games. Everything that could make me stay alive, and as well not be killed by boredom Though the most important thing was, how was I going to leave? And what will I tell Kimberly? I decided to leave at night, here we have a very tight schedule to when you are supposed to be sleeping. While for Kimberly, I would tell her I was going to visit a friend for a few days, and that I might not come back for some time. I texted her this and she wished me good luck. Now all I had to do was pack up and wait for night time to come.

[A couple of hours later]

Night time has finally come, and I have everything ready. I get out of my house and quietly walk towards the castle, after a few minutes, I arrive at the entrance. I look around to check if anybody followed me, luckily no one was there. I turn my phone flash light on, and start heading inside. I walked into what seemed like a garden, and it was beautiful. The garden was surrounded with neatly cut bushes of things like birds, elephants, and more. I walked into the castle, and slowly walked up to the top floor, it was completely pitch black. I couldn't see anything.

"Hello? Is anybody there?" I called out, slightly scared.

It was quiet for a moment.

"You're not Kim." A soft voice answered.

I looked around, then tried putting my flash on again, and shined it around the room. A figure was there, when the light shined on him he started to tremble and attempt to hide. He was clearly scared.

"It's okay, I won't hurt you. I know you're a good guy, I just want to talk to you." I tried putting on the most soothing voice I had, and lowered the flash a bit so it wasn't directly on him.

I walked towards him, trying to be as slow as possible, so I wouldn't frighten him. When I got closer, I saw his messy hair, his face was filled with scars, his dark eye bags, and most importantly his large brown eyes. There was something in those eyes, that really brought me joy, it seemed like I could stare at them all day, and I'd be entertained.

"Who are you?" The man asked, still trembling.

"I'm Y/N. Are you Edward?" I sat down next to him, and gave him a small grin.

He nodded, hiding his hands. He refused to make eye contact, and was still very fidgety.

"It's okay Edward. You don't have to be scared of me," my grin turned into a smile, and I tried to reach out to get a closer look at his scars but he flinched, "I just want to look at your scars Edward. I want to help you."

He hesitated for a moment, but then got closer, I put my hand on his cheek and examined his scars. The whole time, he looked away.

"Where's Kim?" He asked, now looking into my eyes. I could sense how worried he was, and how much he cared about Kim.

I took my hand of his cheek and looked down, taking a deep breath, "Edward, Kim has died. Three years ago. I'm sorry."