Chapter Six

The hands Edward carved were perfect, to say the least. They had so much detail and I was completely sure that they would be absolutely perfect for him. The whole time I looked at the hands, I just had a huge smile on my face, cause I was so happy for Edward. Though I still knew, we had a lot of work ahead of us still.

I come back from my daze, and look at Edward, "They're perfect!"

Edward had a shy smile on his face, "Thank you, Y/N."

"We'll probably get all of this done in two days! You'll finally have hands Edward!" I'm so excited, I can't take this stupid smile off of my face, and neither can Edward.

"Will I be able to go down to the town if I'm normal?" Edward asked, there was so much hope in his eyes, but the hope in my eyes, quickly faded away.

"I- I don't think so. I'm sorry Edward, but you're easily recognizable. Your scars, your jawline, your hair, your eyes... They make you all stand out, you're unique, Edward." My voice trembles as I say this, I knew this would hurt Edward, though I couldn't bring myself to lie to him.

Edward stood silent for a moment, he looked at his hands, his face was filled with anger, sadness, and guilt, "I didn't want to hurt anyone..."

"I know you didn't Edward, you didn't want to do anything wrong." I whisper, staring into his eyes.

"I didn't want to hurt anyone, I didn't want to terrify people, I didn't..." Edward began to sob, being incapable to finish.

I get closer to Edward, and wrap my arms around his torso, "It's okay."

Edward continues to sob, as tear droplets slowly fall off his cheek, I put my head next to his chest, and whisper to him the song "She".

"Am I allowed to look at her like that?

Could it be wrong when she's just so nice to look at?"

"And she smells like lemongrass and sleep

She tastes like apple juice and peach

You would find her in a polaroid picture

And she means everything to me"

"I'd never tell

No I'd never say a word

And oh it aches

But it feels oddly good to hurt"

"She smells like lemongrass and sleep

She tastes like apple juice and peach

You would find her in a polaroid picture

And she means everything to me"

"And I'll be okay

Admiring from afar

Cause even when she's next to me

We could not be more far apart

'Cause she tastes like birthday cake and storytime and fall

But to her

I taste of nothing at all"

"And she smells like lemongrass and sleep

She tastes like apple juice and peach

You would find her in a polaroid picture

And she means everything to me

Yes, she means everything to me

She means everything to me."

(Authors Note: The song She is on the top if you are interested. It's a beautiful song and I really recommend it.)