Chapter Nineteen

I looked over at Kimberley, she had her arms crossed looking away from me. She had told me that the police were coming to ask me a couple of questions about Edward. I missed him so much. I just hope he's okay. I don't know what I'll do if he's hurt.

With that, a single police officer opens my door and makes his way inside. He sits on the chair across from me.

"So, Ms.Y/N. You've been in contact with the famous Edward Scissorhands," The policeman says, glancing over at me.

"His name is just Edward, and he doesn't have those hands anymore," I look away to my right, facing away from both the policeman and Kimberley.

"Did he try to murder you?"

"No, he'd never do that. He only killed for his own protection once," I answer back trying not to raise my voice.

"That's very debatable," He snaps back.

"This is very unprofessional," I mumble.

The police officer rolled his eyes and signaled Kimberley to follow him. She did as he asked and the two of them stepped out of the house. I was alone. I look around the room I hadn't visited in so long, imagining Edward and I living there. My eyes slowly get watery and I look down at the floor, my hands shaking. With that I hear a light tap on the window, and I look over to see Edward. I ran over to him and opened the window.

"Leave please, I don't want you to be in danger," I whisper to him, tears falling down from my cheeks, my voice cracking at the same time.

"Please, Y/N follow me. We can run away, nobody will suspect us, no one will find us," He whispers back, his expression filled with worry yet a glimpse of hope.

"We'll get hurt, as long as you're okay it's fine. Please go back to the castle, please," I hiccup while talking, my expression growing more and more dull by the second.

Edward's expression softened, "Please, Y/N you said you wouldn't leave me."

I looked down again, not being able to look into Edward's eyes, "This is better for the both of us. No one else has to get hurt."

"You said that I didn't hurt anyone, you," He didn't seem to want to continue, "you lied to me."

Those words hurt, it felt like I got shot in the heart, and the tears started falling faster and faster. I close the window and walk back to the couch, and try wiping the tears from my eyes. They only keep coming down. I did what I had to do, I had to protect Edward. I didn't want to risk it, I couldn't risk it. How would I live with myself knowing that I caused Edward's death.

Kimberley and the police officer went back inside, and I glanced over at the window to check if Edward was still there, he wasn't. I take a sigh of relief and look at the man again.

"Have you been able to find Edward?" I ask, trying to seem as calm as possible.

"We haven't."

"Then I made the right choice," I whisper. 

((Fun fact, I actually cried while writing this