Coincidental

The Next Day...

Narrator looked at himself in the mirror. Ash walked into his room, leaning against the door frame. Narrator faced him. "How do I look?" Ash snorted. "Gay." Narrator's eyes narrowed. "Okay, okay. You look fine. You act as if you're taking him out on a date." Narrator twiddled his fingers.

"Funny you say that..you see.."

"Oh. My. God. There is no way. You're gonna turn it into a date?!" He asked. Narrator looked away embarrassed. Ash glared. "Good god Grant." He sighed, setting down his phone. He went to Narrator's closet, throwing clothes around. Narrator raised an eyebrow. "What are you doing?" He asked. Ash took out a pair of shoes.

"What? You think I'm gonna let my best friend go on a date without style? You've lost it."

Narrator smiled. "You're an asshole. But that's why we're friends." Ash nodded. "Yes, yes. Now less talking, more trying on outfits." He chuckled.

. . . .

Narrator left the house in black ripped jeans, a tie-dye shirt, and blue shoes. He got in his car and drove to Eddie's house. 

When he arrived, Eddie was still in the house. He walked up to the door and knocked, soon being met with Courtney. 

"Hello? Who are you?"

"I'm Eddie's friend, Grant. We're going out today-"

"Going out? You realize I'm his girlfriend right?"

"I'm aware. We're hanging out today, I meant."

She glared, opening the door wider and walking in, Narrator following behind. He looked around. He had been in Eddie's house before, but things had changed ever since Courtney moved in. There were more feminine decorations, some masculine ones here and there. 

He walked up the stairs, seeing if he could find Eddie. He walked into a bedroom, realizing it was their shared room. He decided to view the room, from the TV, to their bed.

Wait..

He looked at the bed, which had "his" and "her" pillows laying around. Narrator grimaced. "God please don't let them get married." He looked at the time. "2:58.. c'mon Eddie."

"Courtney? Was that you coming up the st-"

Eddie walked out of the bathroom, shirtless. He was holding a tie-dye shirt in his hand. The two locked eyes in surprised silence. Narrator's heart skipped a beat, as he blushed. He lost his breath, looking at the sweat running down Eddie's abs. Narrator blinked. 

"Am I dreaming or is this mistakenly a strip club?" 

Eddie's face turned red. "I uh.. sorry I'm still getting r-ready." He nervously said, scratching his head. Narrator nodded. "I..um yeah! Sure that's fine, no rush." He sat down on the automin in front of their bed. Eddie walked back into the bathroom. 

"Hey, I realized we have the same outfit…were you watching me Eddie?" Narrator asked seductively. Eddie coughed. "No, I totally wasn't *cough* totally was *cough*." Narrator laughed. "It's a weird coincidence though." Eddie agreed. 

After a bit, Courtney walked into the room. She looked at their outfits as Eddie was in front of their mirror. "So..is it a coincidence you two look like a couple?" Red shot across Narrator's face, as well as Eddie's. "It actually is. We hadn't talked about what we were going to wear." Narrator said, looking at his phone. 

Courtney grunted. She walked over to Eddie, caressing his face. He smiled. "Hi Courtney." He said, before she turned him in front of her and kissed him. Narrator looked up, his smile dropping. Courtney opened her eyes, locking them with Narrator's. He glared. She brought her hand up to Eddie's neck, deepening the kiss. Narrator clenched his fist.