Unconscious Repentance

No One's POV: Narrator's Dream

As the ticking of an invisible clock grew louder, Narrator slowly stirred wake, rubbing the back of his head. The pain his head emitted signalled he'd had a headache, so something must've happened before he tumbled into slumber.

He slowly stood to his feet, looking around him as his eyes adjusted to the pitch black area around him.

"Where...am I?"

He turned around, to take a second glance at one place in particular: a shining light that spotlighted the floor. He tried to take a step forward, but his entire body was now frozen in place, besides his head.

What the hell was going on?

He panicked, his heartbeat beginning to speed up in pace. His eyes wouldn't leave the light, which was soon filled with two feet. Small ones, at that. They stood close to each other, without a single movement. His eyes slowly looked up to find the being's eyes, and to his surprise his own widened in shock.

"Hello, sir. Do you..remember me?"

"K-...Kennedy?"

It was indeed Kennedy. The little girl that gave him and his..well, ex-bestfriend charms at the park. There was a frown present on her face. Narrator frowned as well. "Y-yes, I remember you Kennedy. Where are we? Are you okay?"

"Your subconscious, of course. And yes, I'm doing fine." Kennedy said blankly. Narrator raised an eyebrow. She took a single step forward. "Now let me ask you something." She sighed, taking another step forward. Narrator kept eye contact.

"Do you remember which part of the charm I gave you?"

Narrator frowned. "Of course I do. You gave me the cloud.." her frown softened. "That's right. Do you know why I gave you the cloud in particular?" She took another step forward, only a few feet away from him.

Narrator shook his head. "I'm not sure actually. I didn't know you had a reason behind them individually." She nodded. "I expected that. So I'll tell you." She walked up to him entirely, looking up into his eyes.

"My mom told me you're a comforting person. She said you never like to see your friends hurt, and you're always there for them. She said you're soft, almost like a cloud.."

Narrator's eyes widened. She smiled slightly. "I thought you deserved the cloud, because you're really comforting and soft." Narrator sighed. "I-I had no idea..Melanie really said that?" Kennedy nodded, before looking down.

"You threw it away..you threw away all of my hope.." Kennedy said quietly. Narrator frowned in confusion. "Hope?" She looked up, a pained frown present.

"You threw away the charm I gave you! You threw it into the rain!! I was hoping you would keep it! To show your friend you're always there for him!! But you guys aren't even friends anymore!!" She yelled, balling her fists. Narrator heard a sob escape from Kennedy as she faced the floor, and he panicked.

"No no no please it's okay! Shhh don't cry please!! I'm sorry!!" Narrator said, attempting to throw himself forward, and succeeded, falling to his knees. He looked up at her, slowly reaching his hands towards her face. He moved the hair out of her face, wiping her tears away.

"I'm sorry I threw away your charm Kennedy..I just couldn't keep it knowing he didn't care about me.." Kennedy wrapped her arms around his neck, hugging him and crying into his shoulder.

"I want..I want you guys to be friends again!! He cares about you, I-I know he does!!" She cried, wiping away her tears. Narrator wrapped his arms around her, hugging her gently. He looked at the floor, tears forming in his eyes.