Wedding Gift

Leena and Max were taking a walk in the jungle with a beautiful sunset and nice cool breeze. The two cats were both excited and anxious. Tomorrow was going to be their wedding.

The two cats just walked in silence. So many thoughts in their heads about the wedding. Leena the most. She was a day away from becoming the new queen. Leena still wondered if she could be a good queen.

Suddenly, Leena felt her hand being squeezed and she looked down and saw Max's hand holding her hand. She looked up and her brown eyes made contact with Max's warm brown eyes. He smiled at her warmly but he could also tell what she was thinking about. The two stopped walking and looked at eachother face to face.

"You'll be fine. You'll be a great queen. You'll be a champion of love, kindness and bravery. And I'll be there by your side" he told her and he ran his hand on her cheek and kissed her forehead. Leena smiled at her him blushing but also touched deeply by his words.

She looked up at the sky "It's getting late. We should head back home. Tomorrow is a big day" she told him about to leave but Max had other plans.

"Wait Leena. I got you something" he told her and she looked at him curious. "Come on" he told her and walked off with Leena following him. She wondered what the lion had for her.

She followed him deep in the jungle and she looked up and saw the sunset sky turning into a dark blue night sky. "Max it's getting late. Couldn't you have shown the gift tomorrow at the wedding?" She asked him puzzled, wondering why he decided to give her the gift tonight.

"Well it is a wedding gift. But I also really wanna show you it. Trust me Leena. It'll be worth being up so late. Plus you might need this at our wedding tomorrow" he explained to her, the last part sounding sneaky. Leena was suspicious. Max on the other hand was excited to show Leena his gift. He couldn't wait to see the look on her face.

The two cats reached a large tree near a waterhole. There were fireflies everywhere and the sweet scent of flowers and fruits. 'Well one thing worth staying up late is this beautiful night time' Leena thought in her head as she took a deep breath, enjoying the smelll of mangoes and bananas.

"Leena" Max said and Leena looked at him. He had something behind his back and he looked excited to show her. Leena put a hand on her hip and smiled at Max. 'He still acts like a little kid' she thought in her head.

"So Leena. I know you are nervous about our wedding as much as I am. But probably more nervous because you are going to become queen" he told her and her smile fell and she looked down, starting to feel nervous again.

Max gently grabbed her chin and lifted it up so they could make eye contact. Leena's brown eyes sparkled with the fireflies around them. "But you'll be fine. I can't think of one think reason why you shouldn't be queen. Beside, has there been one time you did something on your own?"

Leena smiled at him warmly, deeply touched by his words. She was really lucky to have Max. "Ok now close your eyes" he instructed to her and Leena closed her eyes.

Max then brought the gift. Leena felt something on her head, something light. She felt Max's hands on her arms and he turned around to face something. 'What is he up to?' She wondered in her head.

"Ok now open your eyes" he told her and Leena opened her eyes and they widen so big and she gasped her mouth dropping and turning into a big smile.

She saw in the reflection of the water that she was wearing a crown. "Oh my gosh! Max!" Leena said happy, her eyes started to water. She took the crown off to get a better look at it.

It was literally matching with her bow. It was a much smaller crown and it had the white handle and the same crystals as her bow. Leena couldn't believe. She thought that if she was queen, she would probably bu wearing Queen Shifa's crown.

"I made this crown special for you" Max told her. She looked at him and saw the sweetest smile. "My mom's crown is ok. But it wasn't you. So I made one based on your bow. I knew that was the real you" Max explained to her.

Leena's tears started to fall on her cheeks. "Oh Max!" She said between her sniffles and she hugged him tight and Max hugged her back. He was happy to see her happy. He knew she was gonna love the crown. He kept his arms wrapped around her, his hand running through her hair and placed a soft kiss on her head and rested his head on top of hers...both ready for the big day.