7 ' pretty

Hoshino spent the next four days thinking about their "date" and she just started to realize how awkward it might get, given her shy and timid self. She surfed the net to check on ways to improve her appearance, oblivious to the fact that Bokuto liked her the way she is.

"Is something the matter?" Akaashi asked as they ate lunch together.

"Yeah, you've been pouting, Hoshi-chan," Bokuto pointed out in a muffled voice, mouth quite full.

"Ah, it's nothing," she answered and shook her head.

"Come on, spill it out, what's bothering you, Hoshi-chan?"

"Bokuto-san, what's your ideal type!" she asked but her tone made it sound more like a demand.

It took Akaashi by surprise and quickly glanced back at Bokuto who was sitting beside him. He suspected something was going on between the two but he wanted to see if Bokuto was even aware of it.

"Hmm, well, let's see, I'm not the picky type, this is hard," he immediately responded.

"W-Well?"

"Hoshi-chan, the question is hard," he whined, "Pass?"

"Bokuto-san, you can't just 'pass' to the next question," Akaashi gave a kind reminder.

"Well, okay, I'm not really picky, but I guess I like pretty girls!"

"Pretty," she muttered, slowly nodding.

"Yup!"

"Anyway, Bokuto-san, have you studied for the test?" she changed the topic.

"What test?" he asked with his head tilting to the side, color draining from his face as he realized what she just meant.

"There's a math test, Bokuto-san," she reminded, her tone getting bashful.

"I forgot to ask Yukippe for notes!" Bokuto gasped. "Do you have notes, Hoshi-chan? Ah, forget it, it'll be fine."

"Are you sure?" she asked, giving him another chance to borrow her notes last minute.

"Yup, forget it," he remarked, scratching the back of his head. Hoshino noticed Akaashi sigh, which strangely made her chuckle.

"Do you at least know the formula, Bokuto-san?" Hoshino asked. Math class was the last subject, he still had the chance to familiarize himself with some points.

"No need!"

"Bokuto-san, if you fail this, you might need to attend make-up classes." Akaashi gave him a warning.

"Make-up classes?!" Hoshino gasped this time, thinking of something completely different, "Why make-up classes?!"

Hoshino wasn't wrong, as they got back to the classroom after lunch, they spotted a number of people reviewing formulas and previous worksheets. After an hour of modern literature and one for history, it was time for the math test.

After turning off her hearing aids, she gave him a thumbs up for luck, which Bokuto returned as well, surprisingly with a confident look on his face. Hoshino worried even more that he'd flunk the test, and she was right again. He barely made it.

"I'm just glad the test is over!" he told her in relief.

"There's another test on Monday, Bokuto-san. I hope you don't forget that one too," she reminded.

"What subject this time?"

"English," she answered.

"Bokuto, bring me back my English notes!" they heard a feminine voice from behind as she laid her hands on the door to leave.