bonus chapter: fluff

song mentioned:
I Know You Know I Love You
by Sunset Rollercoaster

check out sunset rollercoaster!
they're a taiwanese band
and they're my favorite ♡

_______________

4:28, the clock displays as Nanao opens her eyes, still feeling the heaviness of her lids from her sleepiness. The loud notification bell of her phone had just woke her up and her hand wanders on the bedside table to grab her phone.

"Sorry for this message at this hour. But the client says the ruby..." she reads the text but stops reading halfway through.

Being the light sleeper she is, once something wakes her up, she could barely go back to sleep anymore. She sighs, knowing that it's time to start her day.

But before anything else, she turns her head to the other side and she spots Bokuto still soundly asleep. He always has this soft, almost unnoticeable, smile when sleeping. "I love you," she whispers, marvelling at his beauty for a few more moments.

Feeling a quench on her throat, she decides to finally get out of bed to grab herself a drink. The window, though largely covered by the thick curtains, hints to her that the sun has risen. "Another day, another day at the shop," she tells herself.

She makes her way to the kitchen with her phone on her pocket, barefoot and yawning. After a few seconds, she arrives there and grabs water from the fridge. As she sips from the glass, she stares at the sticky notes and the random things stuck onto the fridge door.

"Grocery sale this Thursday."

"Ko's practice game on Monday."

"I love you Nanao!!" followed by a smaller note with neater writing, "I love you too, Kotaro."

"Na... Nanao?" she hears as she places down the glass.

"Oh?" she mumbles, a little stunned. Adding up to her surprise, she takes notice of his muscular arms wrapping around her small body. He's so much bigger than her, almost a whole foot taller.

"I thought you left," he says before resting his chin on her head and locking his fingers together.

"Of course I wouldn't," she chuckles and places her hands on his.

"You should sleep more, your training doesn't start 'till noon today," she adds.

"Mhmm," he hums, slightly nodding his head.

"Go back to sleep, Kotaro," she says, then removes her hand from his to make him go.

"Nu uh, mhmm, no, no," he mumbles, placing her hands back on top of his.

"Do I have to carry you to our room?" she jokes.

"Mhmm, maybe."

"So we're gonna stay like this, Kotaro?"

"Mhmm, yes, we are."

"Ah, wait," she mumbles, an idea suddenly pops up in her head.

"What?" he asks while she grabs her phone from her pocket.

"Might as well dance, Ko," she chuckles and taps on her music apps.

I Know You Know I Love You
- Sunset Rollercoaster

"What song is this?" Bokuto wonders, listening to the intro. She places down her phone on the kitchen counter and let it play.

Watched the sky, you know I
Like a star shining, in your eyes
Sometimes I wonder why
I just wanna hold your hand and walk with you side by side

"Like a star shining, in your eyes," she sings, tapping her hand on his based on the beat of the drums.

Bokuto quickly takes interest in the song, even swaying to his sides. She goes along with it, and now they're dancing too.

As the chorus play, Nanao let go of his hand and breaks free of the embrace. Bokuto, a little surprised, just stares as she turns around to face him. "I told you, might as well dance, Kotaro," she tells him before placing her arms around his shoulder and neck.

I know you know
I love you baby
I know you know
I love you baby

Bokuto lets out a smile and places his hands on her waist. Nanao continues singing as they sway in unison, completely mesmerized by his golden eyes.

He's no different as he finds himself taken aback by her voice and gaze. He plants a kiss on her forehead, then on her nose. Still wanting for more, Nanao tiptoes to reach him, then kisses him on the lips.

Just wanted you to know
I love you, I love you, I love you....
I just want to love you baby

"I love you, I love you, I love you," she sings her favorite line, and hearing its repeatition, Bokuto goes along with her, "I love you," he sings the last line.

"I just want to love you, baby," Nanao sings, a little louder this time.

I know you know
I love you baby
I know you know
I love you baby

"Nanao," he calls her, smiling.

"Yes, Kotaro?"

"I can't wait for you to be my wife."

"Wi- Wife?" she repeats in a mumble.

"Mhmm, have a family, grow old, see our grandkids and all," he tells her and chuckles, "The future looks promising because of you, Nanao."

"I would be the luckiest bride in the world," she giggles.

"That makes me the luckiest groom, then?"

"Mhmm," she hums before tiptoeing again for another kiss.

Just want you to know
You're my sunshine in the sky
I will be waiting for you, babe