14 ' dream girl

the next day
sushizanmai
6:50PM

Kato stood outside the restaurant, waiting for him to show up. She was on her best outfit today, it was the dark blue dress she just bought. She was also wearing her favorite jewelry with hopes of getting his attention.

She looked left and right, trying to spot a tall boy with spiky black and white hair.

15 minutes have passed and still no signs of Bokuto. Not a message even. Maybe it was presumptuous of her to expect him to accept her invitation.

"Hey, I'm sorry." A masculine voice broke her train of thought and she quickly turned around to see who it was.

"You showed up," she mumbled in disbelief. This meant he accepted her confession, right?

"Look, can you hear me out first? Please?" Bokuto pleaded, looking quite timid and shy. It was a rare sight for her and she responded with a nod.

"I'm sorry, I can't accept your feelings  but I showed up because I can't just leave you waiting either," he explained. He rehearsed these words prior and he was glad he was able to be honest.

"So you came here out of guilt?" she confirmed and tilted her head. He couldn't read her expression, was she mad at him?

"If you word it that way, then-"

"I'm kidding, Bokuto-san. I'm still glad you came here," she told him with a forced smile. "But since you don't have a girlfriend, I'll keep on trying, or well, uh, hoping," she continued.

"Huh?"

"Let's go inside, the sushi here is really nice," she changed the topic and held his hand. She led him inside the restaurant, where it was bustling with people.

Bokuto looked at her hand tightly gripping on his and now that he thought about it, he wondered how Hoshino's hand would feel like on his.

"Bokuto-san," she snapped him out of his sappy Hoshino daydream.

"Y-Yes?"

"You should take a seat," she said and patted the empty seat beside her.

"Ah, right," he muttered and did as he was told.

"You're unusually quiet, Bokuto-san. Is everything okay?" she checked and raised a brow.

"I'm okay, I'm okay," he reassured her and gave her a thumbs up, a mannerism he picked up from Hoshino.

"Then, let's order something. Their tuna is my favorite. Have you been here before?" She was a loud talker, a little like him too.

"I haven't but I'll try the tuna," he answered.

Kato stated their orders while Bokuto looked around at the restaurant. It was filled with people and the ambiance was lively. "Nanao would never dine here," he mumbled and inhaled sharply.

"But, Bokuto-san, are you looking for a relationship right now? You said you don't have someone you like right now, but still," she inquired.

"It doesn't cross my mind too much. I like the way things are right now, it's nice," he answered. He was finally more comfortable than before.

"And you?" he asked her back, which caused her to laugh.

"Eh? What's so funny?" he added. The poor boy was confused.

"Of course I want a relationship, Bokuto-san. That's exactly why I confessed," she clarified, "I won't give up on you."

"O-Oh."

"Bokuto-san, can I ask you another question?"

"Sure, okay."

"What's your ideal type?"

"Ideal? Um, well, I'm not very picky," he answered and scratched his head.

"Come on, just say it, I'm really curious!" she insisted, her language getting more informal.

"Well, my ideal girl is, um," he stammered, thinking about it.

"Well?"

"She's kind, almost like her heart is, a heart of gold," he answered. "Did I get the metaphor right?" he mumbled.

"Also, she's very shy, like, like a shameplant!" he continued with a bright smile.

"A shameplant?"

"Yeah. When you touch those, they close or something, they shy away!"

"You sound like a nerd, Bokuto-san," she joked and laughed.

"Eh? Isn't that uncool?" It concerned him, "It's just random stuff I heard of."

"You like science, Bokuto-san?"

"No, but I do have a nerdy friend who acts like a science trivia machine. Now that guy is definitely a nerd."

"Anyway, your dream partner is basically a pure innocent girl, right?" she summed it up.

"Pretty much, I guess? Also, she has to be pretty!" he added. "Whew, I almost forgot that," he chuckled.

"Is that really your dream girl, or were you describing someone, Bokuto-san?" she asked, hoping her speculations were wrong.

"What do you mean?"

"Ah, nothing, nothing. I think our food is ready," she pointed out. "But whoever you just described, damn she's a lucky one," she muttered.