13 ' a star's disappearance

"I'm sorry."

"Um, is there someone you like already?" the girl asked, as if there was an answer that could relief this heartbreak.

"Not really, it's not that," he told her, scratching his head without giving it much thought.

"Then, would you like to try? Like, dating? Like a trial or something, if that makes sense," she offered, still determined.

However, in reality, he didn't even know her name. He knew he had to reject her but she was just so persistent.

"Just one date!" she pleaded, "Pretty please?"

"But-"

"Please!" she repeated and lowered her head, making the poor boy too guilty to reject this one.

"I'll think about it, is that okay?" He had to compromise.

"Y-Yes! Tomorrow, 7PM, Sushizanmai! I'll take you to dinner, Bokuto-san!"

"What? But I said I'd think about it?" he complained in a softer tone. He wasn't sure how to word it out, but dinner with someone he barely knew doesn't sound like a good idea for him.

"If you show up, then I'll take it as a yes. Otherwise, it's a rejection. Plain and simple," she spoke with a confident tone.

"Nanao wouldn't be this pushy," he mumbled as she blabbered.

"Well then, I hope to see you tomorrow!" she exclaimed before rushing out of the garden, waving.

"But I like meat better than sushi. Nanao would know," he sighed and shook his head.

He headed to the gym with a troubled expression written all over his face. He wasn't used to rejecting others nor disappointing them with their expectations, but it still felt wrong to go.

"Bokuto-san, are you okay?" Akaashi asked as soon as he spotted him.

They walked towards the court and Bokuto tried to explain. "Akaashi, she asked me on a date but I don't think I want to go," he whined.

"Why would you say no to Hoshino-san?"

"No, no. That's the thing, it's not Nanao who asked me out."

"Would you have said yes if it was Hoshino-san?"

"She says I'm her bestfriend, she's not going to ask me out," Bokuto chuckled then continued, "Also, I don't know her name, I mean, the girl who wrote the love letter," he corrected, shaking his head.

"Oh."

"What should I do?"

Meanwhile, Hoshino arrived at the ever familiar building. She was just a few steps away from her apartment unit and she spotted a strangely familiar car parked outside as well.

As soon as she opened the door to her apartment, she spotted Nanaki in the living room, packing his clothes and belongings on a small baggage. She panicked, it was like her little brother was going to move out or escape.

"Nanaki? What's going on?" she asked and quickly removed her shoes.

"Ah, Nee-san! We're going back to Fukuoka. Arata-san is here to pick us up," he explained and glanced at his shocked sister.

"What? He's here? And why are we going back? What for?"

"Dunno, he said Mama and Papa wants to see us. For a party or something," he answered and zipped his bag. "Get ready too, Nee-chan. He told us to get some clothes good for a few nights," he added.

"I'm not going, Nanaki."

"You have to, Nee-chan. Mama and Papa miss us," he insisted and stood up.

"They miss you, that part's right," she corrected him.

"It's just a few days. Please?"

"I don't want to."

"Grandma's going to be there at least. That's a good thing, right?" he tried convincing her.

"I guess. Well, Is he going to be there too? You know who," she asked and walked to her room, leaving the door open so they could still talk.

"Maybe."

The two continued their conversation and Hoshino found herself packing her belongings as well. As stubborn as she could get sometimes, she knew she had no choice but to go.

She didn't even notice the buzzing of her phone, nor the endless number of messages Bokuto just sent.

"Nanao, Nanao, Nanao," Bokuto chanted her name as if it was a spell for her to pick her phone up.

"Nanao," he repeated after she missed his second call.

Akaashi was a good source of advice, even dating advice, but he figured he could ask for her opinion too, given that she's a girl.

BOKUTO_Kotaro: nanaooo

BOKUTO_Kotaro: this is an urgent matter :((

BOKUTO_Kotaro: :((