25 ' lend me your ears (end)

After dinner, Bokuto was visibly in a happier mood, knowing they'll have his most awaited sleep-over. As innocent as he thought it to be, Hoshino couldn't stop her imagination from running wild, completely forgetting that they're still in her grandmother's home.

He volunteered to wash the dishes and she insisted on doing it herself, stating that he's a guest. Her grandmother, who absolutely hated all kinds of ruckus, quickly intervened.

"Stop fighting over the dishes, children," she scolded, nudging Hoshino in the process.

"L-Let's do the dishes together then," she immediately suggested, aware of what happens when her grandmother is angered.

"Y-Yes Ma'am!" he exclaimed, strangely getting a little nervous.

"When it comes to discipline and chores, grandmother is very scary," Hoshino whispered.

"I can see that now," he whispered back, supressing his chuckles.

"While you're at it, I'll get the futons," her grandmother said before going upstairs.

"Yes, grandmother."

"No fighting. It's just the dishes," she reminded in a stern tone.

"Only Nanaki doesn't get scolded. He's the favorite grandchild," she gossiped as they began. There weren't much to  clean in the first place, now that she thought about it.

"Really? Why Nanaki?" he wondered, "And oh, I'll do these."

"He's such a sweet kid. A crybaby, absolutely, but he knows his way to everyone's hearts," she explained.

"I guess it runs in the family, no?"

"What does?"

"Knowing your way to people's hearts. You just got to mine, Nanao!" It was his attempt on a cheesy pick-up line.

"Really? I'm there, Kotaro?" She just went along with it and glanced at his chest.

"Always here, Nanao," he answered before planting a kiss on her forehead.

"You're always in mine, too, Kotaro. Always here," she reassured as she looked up at him.

"Nanao, Bokuto-kun, I have the futons already. Are you two done?" her grandmother asked from the second floor. It sounded like she was walking down the stairs.

"Ah, yes, we're done," she answered as Bokuto placed the last glass on the cupboard.

"Okay, good, come help me place these on the living room."

They quickly dried their hands with a towel and headed to the staircase, where her grandmother was.

"Let me help you, grandma," he offered and extended his arms. "Wow, those buff arms," Hoshino mumbled, spacing out for a bit.

"Nanao, help him out too, okay? Your granny needs her rest now," her grandmother asked, "But if there's something you need, I'm just in my room."

"Okay, grandmother," she said, snapping out of it.

"You two, behave," she reminded before letting out a yawn.

"Yes, grandma."

Hoshino grabbed one of the futons and laid in near the television while Bokuto placed his right next to hers. "Is this okay, Nanao?" he asked, hoping for a yes.

"Is this okay with you, Kotaro?" she returned the question.

"Huh? Of course I want to be next to you."

"It's always you asking me if it's okay but I never ask you," she admitted in a bashful tone.

"You really know the way to my heart, Nanao," he chuckled then swiftly placed his hand to cover his mouth, trying not to disturb her grandmother.

"Huh?"

"Nothing, I love you," he told her before another kiss on the forehead.

"I love you too, Kotaro."

"Now, let's go brush our teeth then sleep, okay? And oh, skincare routines or something," he added.

"Okay okay."

They placed the blankets on the futons, along with a few pillows from the couch. They unzip their bags to get their hygiene kits and proceed with their separate routines.

Afterwards, now in their night clothes, they headed back to the living room and laid down on their futons. Hoshino felt her heart race just by catching a glimpse of his hair down. She just knew she wouldn't get an ounce of sleep. Especially not when he just turned to his side to face her.

"Nanao, I know you're awake," he mumbled.

"Yeah, I'm not closing my eyes yet, silly," she told him in a shaky voice.

"You don't want to sleep yet, Nanao?"

"I don't think I can," she answered, still not looking at him. He was melting her with his sweet and maybe even a little seductive gaze.

"Is it because of me?"

"Yes," she answered.

"Do you not want me this close to you, Nanao?" he asked in a raspy low voice, he was simply trying to be quiet.

"No, stay. Please," she pleaded, her eyes wandering everywhere but him.

"Then, can you look at me?" he requested.

She gulped. The butterflies in her stomach from when she confessed came back again. However, she found it impossible to reject Bokuto and she did as he asked. Her cheeks got flushed in an intense shade of red just by looking at him.

"I'm so in love with you, did you know that?" he said, still in a low voice.

"And you're the prettiest girl I've ever seen, did you know that?" he continued as he placed his hand near her ear to tuck in a lock of hair behind.

"I know because you show it to me every single day," she answered with a subtle smile.

"I've never loved anyone the way I love you. Did you know that too, Kotaro?" she added, "And I've never met anyone as loving and as loveable as you, did you know that?"

"Mhmm," he hummed and from her ears, his hand made its way to her back for an embrace.

"Oh, Kotaro, I need to remove my hearing aids before I sleep," she informed and placed her hand on her ear.

"So you won't hear me anymore, Nanao?" he asked, making her pause. With a regretful look on her face, she shook her head in response.

"But when morning comes, will you lend me your ears again?"

She placed her hand on his jawline and cheek, smiling, and her thumb caresses his skin.

"I will because it's you."

lend me your ears
end