bonus | tiktok

author's note

this is supposed to happen
before chap 12 lol. anyway,
I hope you like this scenario! (⌒▽⌒)

It wasn't an unusual occurence that Hoshino was in the gym, watching Bokuto practice with his team. What was unusual today was that Hoshino had something planned. Well, had to have something planned, that is.

It also wasn't a surprise that Hoshino was good friends with the managers, Shirofuku and Suzumeda, since she was often around. Earlier that day though, they played truth or dare and Hoshino was "unfortunate" enough to be dared something, well, daring.

"I dare you to do the 'I hug my boyfriend while he's playing games' tiktok trend. And of course, with a recording!" Hoshino recalled the dare.

Naturally, she protested against it, saying that they weren't boyfriend-girlfriend in the first place, but all resulted to was even more teasing. "But you went to a date!" "But you text each other non-stop!" "All he talks about is you!"

So there she was, sitting on a bench near the managers. The others haven't arrived yet and Akaashi suggested waiting for everyone else. As for Bokuto, he was sitting near a corner, and he was playing a game on Akaashi's phone.

"Go, go, go," Shirofuku said and fished out her phone from her pocket.

"Now?" Hoshino was unsure, uneasy, and fidgety all over.

"Yup, yup, good luck!"

She took a deep breath before getting off her seat then walked towards Bokuto. She caught a glimpse of the game he was playing and guessed it was a real-time multiplayer game.

She glanced back at the two, who were both eagerly watching, and they give her a thumbs up as a go signal.

Slowly but surely, she approaches him from his side and crouches. She extends her arms towards him and leans closer to give him a warm (and definitely shaky) embrace.

"Na- Nanao!" he exclaimed her name. It surprised her how quickly he reacted.

"Kotaro... -san," she called him back in  a soft bashful tone. Her voice was so sweet and mellow that he felt his heart melt.

"Nanao, everything okay? Are you okay?" he checked and stopped playing. He doesn't realize yet that he'd get a penalty for leaving in the middle of the game, plus, that was Akaashi's account.

"Y-Yes," she stammered. Her heart was racing and she felt butterflies, well, everything, circle on her stomach.

"Kotaro-san, is this okay?" she asked.

"Yes, absolutely! I didn't know you were a big hugger though," he chuckled and returned her embrace. Given her relatively small frame, the way his arms wrapped around her gave her a sense of comfort and warmth.

"It's a dare from Shirofuku-san and Suzumeda-san," she admitted, quite ashamed.

"Eh? Aren't you uncomfortable with these? Like hugs?" he worried for her, contrary to the emo mode she expected. His hold loosened, giving her the chance to let go.

"If it's Kotaro-san, it's okay," she clarified and shook her head. Impulsively, she tightened her embrace and he reciprocated it quickly.

"Alright, you two lovebirds, time for practice. Everyone's here!" the coach announced, embarassing Hoshino.

Her cheeks were already flushed just like Bokuto's, but having everyone look at them intensified the redness of her face.

"I knew they were dating," Konoha commented from afar.

"Ah, oh no, we lost!" Bokuto exclaimed and looked at the screen.

"I'm, I'm sorry!" she immediately apologized.

"Akaashi! We got reported, sorry!" he exclaimed with an unapologetic smile.

"It's not your fault, Nanao, don't worry," he looked at her and reassured as they both got up. "It's not your fault," he repeated, patting her head.