3| Rani Anasuya

Previously on APOD: Riya, a famous Indian television serial actress falls off a mountain cliff after a serial shoot. Miraculously she ends up being transitioned to a foreign land; 650 BCE. Raghuveer, a least favoured bastard prince, finds a wounded Riya in his garden who happens to lose her memories partially.

|CHAPTER - 3|

***

Raghuveer safely landed in front of the window of his chambers, fortunately, or unfortunately, the door of his huge window was open and with ease he jumped inside and locked them tightly behind him. 

That stranger woman was sleeping on her front, so peacefully as if she is the owner of this house. Scoffing in annoyance he walked out of his room and the next second he could see Rani Anasuya brisk walking towards him, elegantly holding her saree pallu in her left hand. 

Raghuveer stood straight, not bending or greeting her. His alluring face short of any fear or dismay.

Dhruvan smiled proudly looking at his master as he stood hiding in a corner. No one in this kingdom except Prince Raghuveer has the dare to look straight in the queen's eyes.

"How are you doing, Raghuveer?" Anasuya asked, with her head high as she stressed on his name. All the royal court of their kingdom was always amazed by Raghuveer’s intelligence whereas the queen has always loathed him for that, never once in her life has she ever addressed him as a prince to remind him that he was just a bastard son. 

And situations like these where she tries to show his place always humours him as nothing she says can ever affect him, but what can she do? Poor queen, she strived for power and respect and in that process, she wanted her son’s help but pitifully she was blessed a nincompoop as her son. 

"I am doing great, your grace," Raghuveer replied with a curt nod which irked anger in her noticing his nonchalant tone. 

"So I have been hearing that you refuse to receive any servants help?" 

"Yes, your majesty. I do not require any help as of now.” Raghuveer replied looking straight in her eyes as lips slowly turned up in a mirthful smile, “But your grace, are you here uninvited to supply me help?” 

Rage quickened her blood as strings of grudge deepened in her heart, how dare this bastard mock her? 

“Realise with whom you are speaking with, boy! I ain’t here to look after your needs, why don’t you put forward your mocking words to your mother?” Rani Anasuya smiled in content as those words left her mouth as she knows well that talking about his mother is a sensitive topic for him. 

A look of grim settled on his face he should have known better. Rani Anasuya is like a pit of slime dirty mud and throwing a stone in it is like dirtying yourself. This is not the right time to showcase his mocking words as there some uninvited stranger sleeping in his chambers. 

When Anasuya was finally satisfied with his silence she slowly informed him about her sudden arrival, “I am assuming that you are aware of the upcoming auspicious day, Maha Shivaratri?” 

“I do.”

“Good. Our ministers have suggested that we arrange a horse race in which everyone can participate, all the nobility and commoners. Prince Dipankar is taking part in it and just in case you want to participate, you can. But please, don’t let your father's name down by creating any chaos there.”