13| First love

I don't usually interrupt before reading, but a few readers complained about not receiving a notification about the previous chapter. Not an obligation, but if possible follow me to be notified.

~ Happy Reading ❤ ~

|CHAPTER -13 |

***

When clouds of attraction and love blind you, all you can see is nothing but what the heart wants; love.

This is a dream come true for Sahasthra as she sat beside Dipankar. She once had a dream when she was little, in that dream, she and Dipankar were lying down on a grass field under a dark blanket of stars. Miraculously in that dream, Dipankar was laughing with her as he told her some stories of faraway lands.

Dreams are called dreams for a reason, they vanish when you are up from your sleep pulling you back to reality and so did hers. She lost her mother even before she could remember her touch, and on top of it, she was born with a speech defect. Even after several years after her birth, stories about her being cursed were whispered throughout the empire and having a controlling strict father didn't help but destroy her confidence.

However, Kashyap, her father was not even that heartless. He would take Sahasthra to the royal palace every alternate day and that is how she met Dipankar. Raghuveer was always reserved, he never either made a move to talk nor did he ever let anyone converse with him. And for a speechless Sahasthra, he was difficult but on the other hand, Dipankar was friendly and caring.

Within days, a ten-year-old Sahsthra found herself always behind Dipankar striving for his attention, her one and only friend. Dipankar was equally close with her, they would climb trees picking raw mangoes, steal pots of honey from the royal kitchen and hide themselves in their treehouse as they played mother-father games.

Those days were the happiest of her life, however, her days of happiness came to an end and that was when she realised that she was indeed cursed.

Puberty hit her early at the age of twelve. And the second this news reached her father, his levels of protectiveness upgraded to an unfathomable level. All the male guards were replaced with female guards, her visits to the Palace came to demise and no male was allowed, even a little boy like Dipankar was prohibited from entering her house.

Sahasthra was given freedom, but that freedom was only restricted between the walls of her house. More than the needling and gut-wrenching pain of her menses, the pain of loneliness hurted her more.

However, even all these strict rules couldn't stop Dipankar from visiting her, he would skilfully slip past the heavy security every weekend and meet her.

Maybe that was the beginning of her love for Dipankar, as she would desperately await his presence every weekend. These secret visits lasted for a year before the frequency slowly and gradually reduced to nothing.

Even though he didn't visit her daily, he would never miss her birthday. But Sahsthra lost even those few hours of happiness in her life when she was engaged to Agasthya.

Dipankar never visited her after her engagement with Agasthya. Yet, by then her heart only accepted him as the man in her life, she knew it was a sin to dream of another man when she was already engaged but somehow she couldn't let her heart to forget about her childhood love.

And now after years, she has got an imaginary reflection of her dreams to come true as she sat by Diapankar's side, his shoulders touching here, she relished this moment despite his rotten expression laced with disgust. At first, it used to bother Sahasthra about his constant foul mood but soon, crazily enough she started to find that scowl alluring. Isn't it what love does? Make every flaw of your lover look adorable.