21| A Night Of Life

|CHAPTER - 21|

***

The faint sound of crickets singing around the house echoed through the night as Dhruvan hurriedly tried to set the dining area near the kitchen. He quickly placed all the silver plates and dishes cooked for the night in between and arranged seven wooden stools around for the guests to be seated. This was the first time ever that he got to see so many people staying back at his master's place, and with that excitement, he actually prepared too many dishes than necessary.

"Do you require my hand in anything, Dhruv?" Jaidev leaned against a pillar near the corner of the hall as he questioned with a smile on his face. 

"Oh no! Don't bother, minister! I am almost done with everything, I just have to call Rajkumar Ji and-" 

"Aren't you aware of Riya being injured?" Jaidev asked as a small frown crept over his face, and all the colour left Dhruvan's face as he remembered that. "Raghuveer is helping her have food." 

All Dhruvan could feel was guilt, he should have just gone alone without begging Riya to come with him.

The sad look on Dhruvan's face didn't go unnoticed by Jaidev. So instead of letting it go, he made a suggestion for him, "I am on my way to meet Raghuveer, how about you come with me and see how Riya is doing?" 

After much contemplation Dhruvan quickly covered the food items with a thin cotton cloth to prevent any bugs and excusing himself he ran out to his chambers, his quarters were nothing too big nor too small. It was perfect for him, with bricked mud walls and wooden ceiling the room can cool any second but the beautiful view of the backyard from the window is what he loves about his chambers. 

He quickly grabbed something for Riya and ran back to Jaidev after locking his chamber. The always silent house was now a little nosy with Rajkumar Diapankar's gruntings and complaints but this is definitely something he can get used to. 

Shortly Jaidev knocked on the wooden door of the chambers where Riya was resting, somehow Dhruvan's mind was processing a little differently now, why did they lock the door? Can it be possible that-, he immediately placed his hand on his mouth gasping loudly. 

No, Riya won't eat Rajkumar. She almost seemed human to him! Was he tricked? Oh lord, no! What kind of a servant is he, that he couldn't protect his master from a devil? 

Biting his nails in sheer fear he pushed the door open barging inside to save his master however right at that moment Raghuveer happened to open the doors leading Dhruvan crash to the floor in a swing. 

"Ahhh!" Dhruvan caught his back crying due to the fall and Riya who sat on the bed warmly wrapped in a thick blanket began laughing. And her unsophisticated laugh made Dhrvuan cover his face in embarrassment. 

After an eternity long of pleads from Riya and Jaidev requesting Dhruvan to stand up, he finally got up from the floor dusting the imaginary dust off his kurta as he sat dead in a corner with his eyes stuck to the ground. 

"Raghu, " Jaidev could not waste his time anymore doing these childish acts and right now with prince Dipankar not around making it the perfect time to have the talk, "I need to have a word with you." 

After so many days, Raghuveer actually felt tired and sleepy with all the events happening but understanding the serious tone of his friend he decided to step out. 

Riya sat smiling on the bed as she glanced at Dhruvan, "How long are you going to sit sulking there?" 

Dhruvan just rolled his eyes ignoring her words as he kept staring at the very interesting ground.