19| An Unexpected Night

*please don't skip the authors note*

|CHAPTER - 19 |

* * *

Sahasthra stood outside the chamber waiting with anticipation as she peeked inside hiding behind physician Vishwanath. Today morning, her handmaid collapsed at once with no reason to point at which caused the visit of physician Vishwanath, and right when he was about to leave in the evening after prescribing some medicines for her maid, minister Jaidev rushed to their house saying that both the royal princes were beating the life out of themselves without any rational thinking. 

Sahasthra almost perished in fear trying to trick her father about coming here, she informed her father about a made-up prayer chant session to the gods for unmarried girls in the village and that did the job, so here she was tailing behind the physician to have a glance at Dipankar.

Raghuveer's house always fascinated Sahasthra for its unique design. Huge white and red-bricked house, which was always surrounded by flowering and beautiful plants capturing your eye. Yet today she couldn't get those feels of pleasure instead the house looked gloomy and bleak with dark blackish-blue clouds covering the sky.

Physician Vishwanath and Sahsthra hurried inside the house to escape the slight drizzling rain. Stepping inside the huge house she could find the dissimilarity, usually, every corner of the house would be lit up by several lamps and dias, but now it was all dark and silent. 

She would be in serious trouble if her father would find out about this visit of hers, but the thought that Dipankar might be hurt made her take all the risks she can. However the view in front of her made her frown deep, Prince Raghuveer lay on the cot with a bleeding face while Riya strode to Dipankar and pressed his cheek in force, and for the first time she heard Dipankar groan in pain.

Riya mumbled a few more sentences fuming in anger while she just glanced at everyone with confusion, even Riya's hand an invisible wound on it. What must have happened that everyone is bleeding? Was the house under the attack of robbers?

"Sahasthra, what are you doing here?" She could hear Riya's voice and all she could sense was fear for some unknown reason, was Dipankar also badly injured like prince Raghuveer?

That sentence from Riya made Dipankar rigid in his place, what is Sahasthra doing here? But whatever he has to act calm and reveal no emotions, like he always does. Retaining his signature grim back on his face, Dipankar turned around to have a glance at Sahasthra. 

The moment he turned around he could see Sahasthra's eyes go wide as if she was witnessing a ghost, oh right, he absolutely forgot about his almost disfigured face with adornments of blood which were gifted by his stepbrother for this first-time visit. 

Even before Dipankar could blink his eyes Sahasthra dashed to him with a delicate expression on her face and prior he could ask her what she was up to, she placed her soft palm on his wounded cheek as she looked into his eyes with tear-filled eyes. 

And just like that Dipankar was lost completely as he looked in her eyes, all the pain in his throbbing jaw disappeared and so did he forgot about himself, after so many years he got this chance to see her beautiful eyes. Her eyes were always unique and that was the first thing as a child he noticed about her. Her dark honey-coloured almond eyes had a world in them, a world of innocence and love, which he apparently never deserves. 

Thick lines of tears rolled down her cheeks from those mesmerising eyes scraping the life out of his heart. A small sob passed out her throat as she pressed her lips together and Dipankar felt the urge to wipe them out, to tell her that would be fine.