Prologue

From where Draco Malfoy was seated on the Slytherin table in the Great Hall, he had the perfect view of Harry Potter on the other side of the room, who currently had his head in his hands; the food on his plate untouched.

By the looks of it, Weaslette and Potter were fighting... again. Potter looked so miserable it made Draco's heart ache. He just wanted to go over there and hug Potter, just so he could bring a smile to his face. Draco was very unceremoniously snapped out of his thoughts as Pansy Parkinson threw a muffin at his face.

"You would think that seeing their crush fight with their partner would make a person happy," she said as Draco glared at her, brushing the crumbs of the muffin out of his hair.

"I don't have a crush on Potter," he grumbled.

"Oh honey, when did I say I was talking about Potter?" Pansy asked, smirking.

"Well, who else were you talking about then?" he snapped, making a show out of sweeping his eyes across the Great Hall. 

"Of course you don't have a crush on Potter," she said, but it was clear that she didn't believe him one bit. He ignored her and got back to staring at Potter; who had finally taken his head out of his hands, only to push a goblet of pumpkin juice away.

Draco didn't have a crush on Potter, what he felt for Potter was much more than that. It wasn't love, not exactly, but the feeling was close. All he wanted was that Potter should be happy, with or without him, didn't matter, just Potter's happiness did. If Harry was happy, he would be alright and content with liking the guy from afar,as he had been for the past seven years.

-x-x-x-x-

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I know I promised a sassy Draco Malfoy and you will get him soon but I just wanted the prologue this way.

Don't forget to vote and comment

Loads of love,

x18potterheadx ❤