The Proposal

It had been five years since the group of friends had graduated from Hogwarts and gone into their respective jobs. All of them still met Friday nights though, sometimes at cheap bars and sometimes at the most expensive restaurants in London.

Today though was a Saturday and Draco was losing it as the he and Harry got dressed for a date. They had different rooms connected to their respective offices at Hogwarts but as promised Draco had moved into Harry's room and would just floo directly to his office in the dungeons.

Draco paced around the bathroom, the small box heavy in his pocket.

Come on, you got this. You love him and he loves you and nothing will go wrong.

What if he says no?

Then he says no and you will wait for him for as long as it takes.

The conversation went on in his head as he tried to calm down. There was a banging on the door and he heard Harry calling him.

"Draco, what's taking so long?" Harry asked. "Good things take time Potter," Draco said with a laugh as he opened the door to find Harry wearing a red sweater with blue jeans. Hopefully soon it will become Malfoy-Potter.

"So where are we going and is this okay for that place?" Harry asked him. "Where we are going is a surprise and yes this is perfect," Draco replied as he led Harry out of their room.

"How are we going?" Harry asked. "Apparition," Draco replied and apparated them straight to the owlery. Yes they could have walked but that would give the surprise away. 

Draco looked around as he waited for Harry to catch his breadth and steady himself. Everything looked good just as he had left it in the afternoon. Draco hadn't disturbed anything in the owlery just added a few candles here and there. He let the moon and stars do the work as they lit up the owlery. The owls were there too, hooting softly. It was just how Draco wanted.

"Is our date-" Harry cut himself off as he saw Draco on one knee in front of him a small box in hand.

"This is where everything started so I figured this would be the best place to do this. It's been 6 years since we have been together and I can easily say that these six years have been the best ones of my life. I was intrigued by you in first year and I blew up my chance spectacularly so when we became friends 6 years ago I promised myself I wouldn't mess up this time and since we are here I guess I haven't. I know we have our fights but come what may I will never leave your side. I am in love with your smile and I want to be able to put it there everyday and I am in love with you and sometimes I wonder what my life would have been like 8f we had never met and it hurts to even think about it. We will always have our fights but I know I will also love you to the very end. So Harry James Potter will you marry me?"

Draco looked at his long time boyfriend who was standing there not saying anything. Draco's heart stopped as a second passed with no sound except from the owls and the wind. He was just about to say something, anything to break the silence between them when Harry said, "yes of course I'll marry you!"

The blond let out a breadth he didn't know he had been holding as he got up and slipped the plain silver ring onto Harry's left hand. His mouth was captured in a kiss as arms wound around his waist pulling him closer to the man he had come to love. He put his arms around Harry too in an attempt to push them closer together.

"What made you decide you want to marry me?" Harry whispered against his lips.

"It wasn't anything monumental really, just small things you dis everyday that meant more than anything ever could. The way you would kiss the Dark Mark every morning or get me the newest Honeydukes chocolate when I had a bad day. Just all these random small things, your ability to make me smile by being there and I wanted to give all of that back to you," Draco said as he led them back to their room.

"Well one thing is for sure Malfoys are saps," Harry said laughing.

"Shut up Potter," Draco said as he punched his fiancè's shoulder. He liked that word. Fiancè. He smiled softly.

"Malfoy-Potter now," Harry said his voice barely above a whisper. Draco's smile only grew as it reached his eyes.
"Why not Potter-Malfoy?" the blond asked him.

"Because Malfoy-Potter has a better ring to it," Harry said as if that was a completely valid justification. Though Draco had to agree Malfoy-Potter did sound good. Just like fiancè.

"So how did Draco propose?" Hermione asked the next Friday as the recently engaged couple showed off their rings.

"Why did you assume Draco proposed?" Harry asked indignantly.

"Harry you maybe a Gryffindor but you are a total pussy when it comes to emotions," Hermione said matter of factly as everybody nodded in agreement. Even Draco. So much for supportive fiancè.

"Am not."

"Are too," Pansy retorted.

"Give me one reason," Harry said.

"Who initiated your first kiss?" Pansy asked.

"Who asked who to be their boyfriend?" Ron piped up.

"But I asked him to move in with me," Harry said smirking.

"Oh that was inevitable," Blaise said dismissively.

"Was not."

"Come on Harry. Just agree that I wear the pants in this relationship," Draco teased.

"Most certainly do not."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, Harry," Draco said laughing.

"Et tu Draco?"

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Author's Note:

This is almost it guys. Just a wedding and then the epilogue.
Also any ideas for the wedding will be appreciated and the Wedding colour scheme will be silver and green.
Loads of love,
x18potterheadx ❤