Chapter 18

A week had gone by and Draco still hadn't woken up. Though a little colour had returned to his face, it was still pale. Madam Pomfrey had started making Harry stop sharing his magic periodically to see if Draco could go without magic.

After three more days of strengthening potions and another day of rest for Harry Madam Pomfrey had decided that Draco would be fine on his own magic now.

Harry had left the infirmary very reluctantly and he spent every free minute he had in the infirmary up till curfew. He would get up early in the mornings check on Draco, have breakfast and then go back to the infirmary. All his free periods and evenings were spent in there too. He would have stayed after curfew also but Mcgonnagal already knew about that and she had told the portrait in front of the eight year dorms to not let Harry go out after curfew.

This continued for another week as Harry got more worried about Draco everyday. Until one night a fourth year came running to the group of friends when they were having dinner at the Slytherin table. Now it was officially allowed to sit on any table for meals.

"Draco is awake," the boy said panting  as he stopped in front of them. Harry was out of his seat in less than a second. He looked at Ron trying to convey the message that he would need some time alone with Draco. The red head nodded and all Harry could do was hope that his best friend got the right message as he ran out of the Great Hall.

"Ouch!" Draco said dramatically while rubbing the spot on his arm Harry had punched lightly. "What was that for?" he asked.

"For worrying the living daylights out of me," Harry said and then punched Draco again.

"What was this one for?"

"For breaking your promise. You promised you would never leave," Harry said trying to keep the tears at bay.

"And I didn't leave. I am here, aren't I?," Draco said. "But what if you weren't? What if - What if you had-" Harry's voice broke before he could complete the questions.

Draco gently wiped away the tears that had started flowing down Harry's face at some point.

"Hey Love, listen to me, I am right here, I will always be right here," Draco said softly as he hugged Harry. Then kissed him. He had missed this so much, he had missed Draco and then the two of them were just sitting together hugging.

"I love you so much, Draco," Harry whispered just as his friends burst through the infirmary door.

(Draco's P.O.V.)

Draco hugged Harry tighter as the second boy whispered, "I love you so much, Draco." Draco would have replied but his friends burst through the door at the very second.

Before he could say anything though another punch landed on his arm. "What's with you guys and punching me today?" Draco asked. "Pull something so Gryffindorish ever again and I swear to Merlin Draco I will not talk to you," Pansy said before she hugged him.

Harry had pulled away now and was sitting at the side. Draco took one of the boy's hands in his. That's when Blaise came and hugged him, which was wierd because Blaise didn't usually hug people. I guess you get special treatment for almost dying. Right? Draco thought.

"Never thought I would say this but it's good to see you are okay ferret," Ron said chuckling. Hermione and Neville were there too with Ginny, Luna, Dean and Seamus. He smiled at everyone around him. He had never thought this would happen but here they were.

After a while Madam Pomfrey came and started sending everyone out  because Draco needed rest. Harry looked at her hopefully. "Can I stay the night, Madam Pomfrey?" he asked. Of course she said no so Draco jumped in, "Please," he said. The Nurse looked between the two boys and gave in. Yeah, youdefinitely get special treatment for almost dying or it's because Harry saved our asses, Draco thought.