Doc

Sitting down in my office chair I let out a tired sigh. I look around my dull darkening office. The sun that is setting in the wall to wall window on the right side is casting shadows throughout the room. The dark bare brown walls darken with the dying light as I sit behind my dark wood oak desk that is covered in papers and my laptop. A quick thought of if a picture of my little light would brighten this room up, passes through my head before I shake it away.

It has been a long day and I can't wait to go home. Suzie had seemed to be extra commentating today, almost to the point of being a pain in the ass. She would do her normal everyday job of answering the phone, booking appointments and helping people check in for their appointments. Moreover, when she had any spare time on her hands, instead of sitting at her desk like she normally would, she followed me around the place. Making sure I had some coffee when I wanted some, and running to get a file that I needed from my office and a whole lot of shit. I was not even able to see my little bright light at lunch. I wanted to go to the cafeteria to make sure she got lunch and even have lunch with her as well but Suzie needed my help with a filing cabinet that had fallen open, spreading files over where.

Speaking of my Bright little light, I doubt she knows her way home from the clinic. I should really take her home. Maybe we could get some dinner along the way. Thanks to missing lunch I am starving and it is only right for a gentleman and a good boss to make sure his news nurse gets something for dinner, I thought to myself. With a nod of my head I shut down my laptop and headed out of the room, looking for my bright light to make my day shine.

I find her in the small break/locker room in the far back of the clinic. It is a small room when you first walk in, just big enough with one door white fridge next to a three foot long counter with three brown cabinets under it. The far wall is a ten by ten window that looks out into the garden. In the middle of the room is a small round four chair table for those who want to sit and drink coffee on their break. To the right of the door is another door that leads to a room with wooden cubbies and that is where I find my girl. She was standing in front of the cubbies gathering her things from the looks of it.

Clearing my throat to get her attention but mentally kick myself when I see her jump from my startling her. "I am sorry for scaring you. I just came to ask if I could take you home. I mean I know you still probably don't know your way home just yet so I thought I could give you a lift and maybe if you were hungry we could get something to eat." I asked with my body filled with nerves but lucky not showing any. With a bright smile and a nod of her head, I grabbed her hand and led her back out to the front of the clinic. Before I could walk through the doors I stopped at my name being called.

I turn and find Suzie standing at the desk looking between me and Lucia, before finally landing on me. "You are heading home?" she asked. "Yeah, but I am going to drop off Lucia here first, that way she knows her way home from the clinic." I told her and headed back out to the door.

Walking straight to my bike, grabbing the helmet out of the saddle bag and helping put it on clipping it into place on my little light. After making sure the helmet was on tight I helped her on to the bike before getting on myself. I waited till my girl was done settling herself into a comfortable position then I started the bike and headed out of the parking lot and headed straight to the dinner that is around the corner from her place.

I pulled into the parking lot of the small dinner and parked my bike near the front door. After shutting the engine off and knocking out the kickstand, I held out my hand for her to grab and get off the bike. When she was standing and looked like she could feel her legs once again I got off myself. I stepped up to her, unclipping the helmet before removing it and then I turned to hang it off the handle bars by the strap. I looked at the dinner to find it decently full of people but I think I spotted a couple open tables which is a good sign. Wrapping my arm around her back, I led her to the front door, holding it open for her to light my mother taught me.