Light

I slowly woke up the warmth of the sun rise coming from the window that was placed in the wall at the end of the room. My bed sat at the far end of the room facing the one small window that faces the east side of the town. I prefer a sun rise over a sun set any day. My room being large, empty with gray walls and brown cheap carpeting. I lay here in this old, hard twin-size bed with black metal railing headboard, the smile on my face never seeming to slip. Even feeling so tired from tossing and turning all night I felt wonderful, for all I could think about was Dominic.

After finally removing myself from the warm bed, I head straight to the bad room to jump in the shower. It is a small corner shower that makes me think that Dominic would barely fit in it if he ever had to take a shower here. With that thought, came along the thought of him naked in my apartment and my face blushed red and my core grew wet. Shaking the dirty thoughts from my mind, I finished up my shower before I got myself in trouble. With myself clean, I step out wrapping myself and hair with a dark purple towel that I made sure to bring with me. Quickly brushing my teeth and applying lotion on my skin, I head back into my room for a fresh pair of scrubs for work today.

As I stand at my skin washing my cereal bowl out, I think about fixing lunch for me and Dominic today. It sounds like a lot of work but it would be cheaper than buying something at the clinic's cafeteria. With a nod of my head I start making some turkey sandwiches, potato salad, and fruit. As I finish making the food, I pack the lunch in some tubbawear, I set them in a brown, cotton, reusable store bag. Along with the lunch I put in my small hand bag that holds my wallet and phone. When everything is ready to go, I hear a knock on the front door. Opening the door, I am met with a very sleepy looking Kelly.

Kelly is a sassy, bad ass, take no shit girl, that is a great nurse. She is tall, slim, and sexy with her long bright red hair and bright blue eyes. She works at the clinic with me and we met over a broken vending machine and became fast friends. I found out that she lived just one floor above me and worked the same hours, so I made her a deal. I will pitch in for gas money, if we could ride into work together. At first, she did not want any money, saying that it would be no trouble for us to go the same way, but I wore her down to twenty bucks every two weeks when we got paid.

Kelly leans on the door frame and sips from a travel mug that is most likely filled with dark roasted strong coffee. "When did you get home last night?" I asked her as I gathered my bag, keys and phone. "So very late. That stupid slut Susie had me rewriting my reports. I don't even know what time it was when I got home." Giving her a small sympathetic smile as I locked the door. She waved it off as she took another drink from her coffee and we headed down the stairs. At the end of the stair, we headed for the back door of the building where I assumed, she had parked her '79 cherry red mustang.

As we stop at a red light, Kelly turns to me with a questioning look on her face but before she asks me what is on her mind, she shakes her head and turns on the radio. I quickly turn the radio down to a light hum, and say, "Go ahead and ask me whatever it is you want to know." "Are you sure?" She asked as she glanced over to me but I simply just nodded my head. "Tell me what is going on between you and Doctor Dominic. If you don't mind of course". "What makes you think there is something going on between him and me?" "Everyone at the clinic was talking about how people saw how you came to work and left with him. So, is there anything going on between the two of you?" With a heavy sigh, I said, "There is nothing going on between us. I met him the other night at a party I was invited to. He saved me from being hit on by this guy that look like a fuck boy, and we just spent the night drinking and hanging out. It just so happened that we both had work the next day, so he gave me a ride because I spent the night there. He then offered to show me the way to my home from the clinic because the town is still new to me." "That's cool." is all she said as we pulled into the clinic parking lot.