Narry: Terrible Things

Harry P.O.V

I stood facing the fireplace holding a picture of Niall smiling widely at me; his blue eyes seemed to be dancing with the knowledge of something I didn't know. Tears began to form and my eyes began to swell. A small smile graced my face as I looked into his eyes in the picture. "Happy Valentine's Day Love! I Hope the angels are keeping you company today" I whispered before placing two fingers to my lips kissing them gently before touching Niall's cheek gently in the picture.

"Dad, Luke is coming to pick me up in an hour. He said he would like to come in and say hello to you. I told him today might not be the best day but he insisted that I asked." Michaela's voice rang out into the room. I took a deep breath not moving from the position I was in and nodded. "Why not today princess? Today seems like the perfect day to meet your boyfriend; after all it is Valentine's Day." I reminded myself.

Small arms wrapped around me from behind as I felt Michaela bury her head into the back of my neck. She was short just like her daddy, just like Niall. She even looked like him, the same colour eyes and hair. The only features she had of mine were her dimples, her slender figure and the loose curls that fell midway down her back. Combing our sperm did turn out incredible; well we had a breath taking and beautiful daughter thanks to IVF.

She sighed loudly before answering "Fifteen years today dad, Fifteen years since daddy had to say goodbye. You know what that means..." Michaela sounded nervous and excited. From the age of five Michaela had become obsessed with Niall and my love story. She loved the idea of having two dads even though she only had one solid memory of Niall, the rest were documented for her on camera. I had promised her seventeenth Valentine's Day I would tell her our story. I nodded slowly placing the picture of Niall back onto the mantelpiece.

"Seems like it's finally the day to tell our little princess our love story Nialler. Hope you are watching us carefully love" I whispered at the picture before prying Michaela's hands off of me and turned around to face her. I smiled softly at her and lead her over to the couch so that she could sit down and have some support. I looked into her eyes only to be met by the curious look Niall always sported when he wanted to know something I didn't. I chuckled quietly as I loved the face even though she didn't fully remember him Michaela was in most ways Niall.
I moved to the centre of the room and I smiled facing her getting lost in my thoughts. "It was first year of university. I was seventeen and Niall was about to turn eighteen. I had gotten lost during our orientation session and was wandering the corridors completely lost. Luckily I found my way to the grand hall where there was table's upon tables of food." I laughed happily remembering the first time I had seen Niall.

"Your father was by the desert table tucking into a big slice of apple pie. Of course apple pie is my favourite so I went over to see if I could get some. I tripped over my feet just before I reached the table and bumped into Niall. I caught myself and looked up to say sorry for being such a klutz and that was the first time I looked into those big blue eyes."
"By the time I was your age I'd give anything to fall in love truly was all I could think. That's when I met your father the boy of my dreams, the most beautiful man that I'd ever seen!"

"My breath hitched and I looked away from his eyes before mumbling a quick sorry. I remember he laughed in response which I was not expecting. I then studied him closely taking in every single detail about him. I looked back into his eyes and he gave me one of his breath taking smiles. I think that was one of his best features, his smile it could make me go weak at the knees. 'Don't worry about it mate. We all tend to get a little faint when the hot Irish are around' he told me before winking at me."

"If it had been anyone else princess I think I would have been the cocky one and Niall the shy one but looking back it was better that Niall was so upfront with me. Of course Niall had the last slice of apple pie and we bounded over our mutual love for it as he shared the last of it with me. Please keep in mind that I was the only person he would ever share food with, you would have shared it with you too if he had survived I just know it."