Day Two 12:00pm

Song for this chapter: I Could Get Used To This ~ Becky Hill

Chapter 4:

Day Two 12:00pm

Tapping my finger against the wheel to the beat of the song, Mila sits in the passenger seat, humming along to the melody.

It's as if a day feels like a lifetime yet it still flies by in a heartbeat. You cram so much in and force yourself to integrate and involve yourself that it feels as if it's lasting forever but regardless, at the end of the day, you still end up being amazed that another day is done with.

This news is bittersweet like a drug, it's addictiveness and adrenaline rush by making you do new things entices you into doing more until you're hooked and there's no turning back to what you were before.

'Good Afternoon, it's just hit midday and here's your daily news. There has been a report of mass fatalities in Rome today as gunmen have taken to the street. This comes after being told less than 24 hours ago that we only have 10-' The radio presenter reads.

Mila reaches forward, turning to dial to cut the sound, leaving us in a mixture of the silence that lingered before and the newfound silence of disbelief.

"We don't need to hear that." She whispers under her breath.

I turn to look at her as she looks out onto the streets. Her eyes cloud over, replaying the news report in her head but we both know that no matter how many times anyone tries to comprehend this situation, it's impossible. The world has never seen anything like it and there's no way that in a mere ten days, any human being will fully grasp it

This morning there has been other reports on our local news following the antics of last night and by the looks of it, the ones which carried on until dawn. People were acting wild and this is only the beginning of it.

There's already been mentions of the looting in shops and to be completely honest, I'd rather Mila and I stay out of it but with everyone looting, everything will be gone within a matter of days so it's now or never.