Day Four: 4:30 am

Song for this chapter: Heaven On My Mind ~ Becky Hill, Sigala

Chapter 11:

Day Four 4:30 am

I can't believe that I almost kissed Mila.

Mila Carter, the girl who has lived opposite me for two years, the girl who's hidden away, maintaining an aura of mystery and the girl who despises me.

Well, used to despise me.

I don't know what came over me. I've always been intrigued, somewhat infuriated that I could never win her over. I've never known someone so adamant about disliking me and it easily became a game to jokingly wind her up because doing so meant interacting with her.

She's always been beautiful, but watching her grow and come out of her shell over the past few days has added to her beauty. I finally feel like I'm seeing the side of her that I always subtly noticed but died to see in real life. She's alluring and last night, I felt transfixed.

One side of me wants to explore the feelings from last night but I'm not even sure if it's possible. Who knows what kind of possibilities I can uncover but with only six days left, there may be no possibilities to discover at all.

But I can't ignore the fact that right now is the time to delve into situations. Freefalling at a high speed, enjoying the rush of the adrenaline before you come crashing down to the nothingness.

Rolling over, I hit my alarm clock to check the time; 4:35 am. So far, I think I've managed a total of two hours of sleep. The combination of video games and the mixture of fantasies and fears over Mila have resulted in yet another restless night. At least this time, the nightmares of the unknown about the 20th of August aren't keeping me awake but I'm certain that they'll creep back in as the date gets closer.

I need a distraction.

Pulling my laptop up from the floor next to my bed, the brightness of the screen temporarily blinds me. There's nothing that a bit of getting lost in the world of the internet can't solve.