Day Three 8:00pm

Song for this chapter: Young Love (A Girl Like You) Stripped- Gion

Chapter 10:

Day Three 8:00pm

"Warner, where on earth are you taking me?" I frown through his hands which are covering my eyes.

"You'll see in a minute." He continues to tease.

Warner had parked the car in the center of the city. Dusk had fallen painting the sky a pastel ombre and the palm tree's sway in the summer breeze. We'd walked around a few blocks before Warner placed his hands over my eyes, holding me in the anticipation surrounding his determination to give me the best surprise he possibly could.

Familiar sounds of traffic had slowly drowned out as Warner took me around corner after corner meaning that we are somewhere quiet, the only question now is where.

The clinking of metal against metal filled the momentary quietness between us as Warner twisted a key in its lock. As we entered a cooler building, Warner released his hands from my eyes. The darkness of the room resembling the nothingness of my eyelids being closed, the flickering of an exit sign creating a low light for my pupils to adjust to.

"This is what you consider to be the most exciting night of my life?" I ask sarcastically.

"No, you haven't seen anything yet." Warner rolls his eyes.

As he guides me through the cramped hallways, we are met with yet another door, one which reads 'to the gallery'.

"Wait-" I begin to say before the sound of the door opening cuts me short.

Warner flicks the switch and rows of lights flash on, unveiling the copious amount of paintings which line the decorated walls.

The long car journey now made sense as we slowly walked the marble floors of the Los Angeles County Museum of Art; a museum I have visited many times and a museum that will always have a special place in my heart.

Every year my parents would bring me here for my birthday and we'd take a week's vacation in Santa Monica. I'd be so excited to stroll around, admiring the artwork whilst using it as my inspiration to better my skills.