Day Three 12:00am

Song for this chapter: What You Want ~ Blinkie

Chapter 6:

Day Three 12:00am

Harry Barnes.

Harry fucking Barnes.

As if life couldn't get any more messed up, the boy I've just spent the last two years crushing on is standing right before my eyes.

"Mila! Oh my god, how are you?" Harry gushes, pulling me into a hug.

I take in the smell of his strong cologne, an underlying hint of musk from the stuffy room tickling my nose as my face pushed up against his chest.

It's been almost three months since I last saw him at graduation and I'd fully accepted that I'd never see him again. I'd never plucked up the courage to admit how I felt about him which meant that after graduation, I had to deal with the fact that he'd end up becoming a stranger, a distant sweet memory of better days.

We first met after we were put on an assignment together and we spent weeks in each other's apartments working hard. We grew to become close friends, the first person I'd allowed into my life since starting college. Harry knew me in ways that no one else could and it wasn't long before I blossomed feelings for him that were hard to contain.

But with his sandy blonde curls and leafy green eyes, it's hard to resist him, throw art student on top of that and you have the modern day version of Jack from Titanic. Girls fell at his feet, me included and I always knew that I never stood a chance.

There was one day where we'd worked until the early hours of the morning before ordering a pizza and shared a large bottle of wine. We spilled stories and secrets in the intimate air surrounding us as we waited for our paintings to dry. There was this one moment where he stared longingly into my eyes, searching them with such beauty and I almost poured my heart out, hoping we'd finally step over the friendship line, allowing ourselves to explore sides of each other that had been silently forbidden before. But we were interrupted by yet another loud and disruptive Warner party and a moment like that never came about again.