12- Double Dates

Chloe's POV
     "Please Bec!" I say dramatically as we walk through the halls. "I will do anything. Don't make me get on my knees and beg."
     "Why do you want me to go on a double date with you an soldier boy anyway?" Beca said with an annoyed tone.
      "Because you're dating Jesse." I said obviously.
     "So? When I was dating Ava you did want to go on a double date." Beca said now smirking. "What's different about Jess?"
     "Um he's a dude." I deadpanned. "Last I checked you were very much so lesbian. So that's why. Now will you please go on a double date with me and Chicago."
     "Fine." Beca said in an overly dramatic way. "I will talk to Jess about it later."
     "Yay! Thank you!" I say jumping up and down. "It will be so much fun!"
     "Yeah yeah sure. I'll talk to You later Beale." Beca said walking off to her next class.
—————————————————
Becas POV
After school I did my usual routine. I say goodbye to Chloe promising to text her later then head down to the park to meet Jesse. We normally play one on one after school or just walk around and act like dumb teenagers.
"Hey Jesse." I say as I casually put my bag next to his. "How was school?"
"It was fine I guess." He said passing me the ball. "You up for a game of horse?"
"You know it." I say shooting from the free throw line and making it easily.
Jesse grabbed the ball and attempted to make the same shoot barely missing the net. He groaned out oof frustration while he passed me the ball.
"Wow you already have an H." I say in a teasing tone. "Oh by the way Chloe and Chicago want to go on a double date with us on Sunday. I think we're going bulling or something."
"I'm down." Jesse says as I make another successful shot.
He attempted to do the shot and successfully made it. I took another shot pretend to trip to add a little flare. I made the shot easily. I turned to Jesse to flip my hair and smirk. Jesse just laughs as he tries to make the shot but actually trip causing him to miss.
"That is HO." I say laughing while I help him up. "Are you okay?"
"Yeah I'm fine. The only thing hurt is my pride." Jesse said as he rubbed his back.
The game continued with me winning once again. We decided to walk around the park for awhile before I had to go home.
"So have I turned you straight yet?" Jesse asked with a hopeful tone.
I know he is far from homophobic but he really likes me. I do feel kinda bad using him but he lessens the pain.
"Well considering we are dating you've done something." I say shrugging. I look down at my phone to see that it was getting late. "I gotta go see ya tomorrow Jess."
I peck his cheek considering we are dating before heading to my car. I make the short drive home and head straight up to my room. I quickly pull out my phone to shoot Chloe a text.
Me- Jesse said he was down for the date. (9:27pm)
Chloe- Yay! Thank you for asking. (9:30pm)
Me- Course. See you Sunday. (9:31)
I decided to grab some clothes so I could shower before going to bed.
—————————————————
Chloe's POV
It was finally Sunday. I've been looking forward to the double date all week. I was finishing up my makeup when I heard a knock on the door. I quickly ran downstairs in hopes of getting the door before my dad but failed.
     "State your name and business." My dad said in an interrogation voice as he eyed Chicagoan and down.
     "Chicago Walp sir." He said in a calm tone. "I'm here to take your lovely daughter on a double date."
     "What do you plan to do after high school?" My dad said standoffishly.
     "I plan to enlist in the military sir." Chicago said confidently.
     "Noble job. I approve of you." My dad said as his serious face barracks into a smile as he pulls Chicago into a hug. "And please call me Charlie."
     "Alright." Chicago said smiling.
     "Well we're gonna get going before we're late." I say finally making my presence known. "Bye daddy."
     "Bye ladybug." My dad said with the classic Beale smile. "It was nice meeting you Chicago."
     "You too si-Charlie." He said quickly saving his mistake.
     We leave the house and head to Chicago's car.
     "I'm sorry about my dad." I say shyly. "He's a little protective."
     "It's fine." Chicago said brushing it off. "At least he liked me in the end."
      We drove in silence the rest of the way until we arrived at the bowling alley. I excitedly got out I the car and skipped to the entrance. I heard a familiar laugh behind so i turn and playfully glare at Beca.
     "And what exactly are you laughing at?" I say in a playful tone.
     "You." Beca shot back. "I don't think I've ever seen anyone this excited about bowling."
     "Well you need to take children bowling. They get way more excited than me." I say playfully. "Oh and Chicago this is Jesse, and Jesse this is Chicago."
     "H-hi." Jesse awkwardly stuttered once he saw Chicago.
     "Hey." Chicago said much more casually than the previous boy.
     "Are we going to have to deal with your banter the whole night?" Jesse said putting an arm around Beca suddenly gaining more confidence.
     "Yeah... if so can we join?" Chicago added in a playful manner.
     "Get used to it solder boy." Beca said patting his shoulder.
     "What's with that," Chicago said with a puzzled face. "The whole soldier boy thing."
     "Just be honored you got a nickname." Beca said.
     They continued to go back and forth. Until we started a round of bowling.
     "Be prepared to loose." Beca said confidently. "Mostly you Jess."
     "Oh wow you are so kind." Jesse said sarcastically as he got ready to bowl.
     "Hey it's not my fault you would always loose horse." Beca shrugged as Jesse missed the pins. "You should really just stay away from sports involving balls really."
     Me and Chicago just laugh as Beca steps up to take her turn. She got a spare putting her in the lead. She turns and smugly smirks taking a seat next to Jesse. I stand up to grab my ball and take my turn. I get a strike and turn to look at Beca.
     "Who's winning now?" I say flipping my hair. "Oh that's right me."
     "You just got lucky." Beca quickly shot back. "And I was warming up."
     "Yeah sure." I say in a sarcastic manner.
      Me and Beca went back and forth while Chicago took his turn and managed to get a seven ten split. The game continued and we finally got to the last inning. So far me and Beca were tied with Jesse being last.
     "Alright I just need to get a strike then I'll win." Beca said preparing for her throw.
     Beca to my disappointment got a strike. I got up and grabbed my ball and got a strike as well. I groan in frustration as I slump back in my seat.
     "Now the games going to end in a tie." I grumble.
     "Damn it! Now I can't say I'm the best bowler." Beca complained.
     "Ladies, ladies, calm down you're both pretty." Chicago said playfully as he watched us sulk.
     "Eh I don't know they're both average." Jesse said with a shrug.
     Both me and Beca gasped then hit Jesse on the arm.  
     "Ow! I was only kidding." Jesse said now joining us in our sulking.
     "Wow I didn't know I was surrounded by a bunch of girls." Chicago said teasing Jesse.
     Jesse just punched Chicago in the arm earning a laugh from said boy. We finished off the night getting ice cream before going out separate ways. I did see that Jesse and Chicago exchange numbers. I'm glad they get along so well.
     I say goodnight to Chicago before going inside. Then I realized something. It was almost as if Chicago was on a date with Jesse and I was on one with Beca. The way that we teased the other person was how you would tease a girlfriend or boyfriend. I brush aside the thought before taking off my makeup and heading to bed.