15.5- First Date

Becas POV
     You got this Mitchell. It's just like any other outing with Chloe except now you can hold hands... and kiss... okay maybe it's not the same. But you've kissed before so it can't be that bad. Okay you know what just knock.
     "Hey Becs!" Chloe greeted with her usual hug. "Ready to go?"
     "Yup." I say awkwardly. Get it together Mitchell! "Um because I'm super classy we're going to Taco Bell."
     "You're joking right?" Chloe said laughing awkwardly.
     "No." I say seriously. "But we're going somewhere else hence why I have my dads truck."
     "You're so weird." Chloe said shaking her head.
     "It's part of the Mitchell charm." I say smirking only to get hit in the arm. "Ow! Just for that I'm not opening your door."
     "Oh that's such a loss." She said going to open her own door. I quickly smacked her hand away.
     "Dude I was joking! I'm a gentlewomen." I say opening her door allowing her to get in before going over in my side.
     "Well I'm sorry but you said I had to open my own door." Chloe said with a playful smirk.
     "Whatever." I said with a classic eye roll. "Just shut up while we go to Taco Bell."
     The car ride was filled with playful banter once we soon got over the little awkwardness that was present. As I said we pulled up to the Taco Bell drive through. I placed our opener paid then drove to a secluded yet not so secluded area that gives a pretty good view of Atlanta and the starts.
     "Alright we're here." I say unbuckling my seatbelt and running over to Chloe's side. "Welcome to my secret yet not so secret place."
     "What do you mean not so secret?" Chloe asked giggling as I helped her into the bed of the truck.
     "Well its a common place for tourists to go but then again we don't get many tourists." I say handing her a taco. "The Taco Bell doesn't look so bad now does it."
     "Okay you played it off well." She said taking a bite. "But your choice of fast food restaurant is still kind of weird."
     "No it isn't. Taco wis fucking amazing!" I say grabbing another taco. "I could eat this for days."
     "Okay I will never question your tacos again." Chloe said putting her hands up in surrender.
     "Smart choice Beale." I say picking up the Taco Bell remains. "Now you can ether look at the stars or the lights of the city."
     Chloe was looking up at the stars with a soft smile. "It's really pretty here Beca."
     "Yeah it is." I may or may not be talking about Chloe and not the stars but I return the smile none the less.
     We stayed there for awhile. Just looking at the stars or the city. Occasionally saying random things. It was nice. It only felt like minutes when in reality it was hours. Soon we were driving back to her house talking about trivial things. And I was walking her to her doorstep.
     "I had fun tonight." Chloe said giving me her famous smile.
     "Me too." I say smiling back. I can't help it. "Thank you for allowing me to take you out."
     "Yeah..." Chloe said trailing off.
     Her eyes glanced down to my lips so mine had no choice but to follow. She quickly wet her lips. We slowly started to lean in and right when our lips were about to touch the door opened.
     "Chloe you're home!" A lady who I assume is her mother said giving her a hug. "Come watch dancing with the stars."
     Chloe was dragged in the house. I don't think her mother noticed me. I let out a heavy sigh before walking back to my dads truck, starting the car and driving off. I can't believe I didn't kiss Chloe on our first date.