Attempting to Escape

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

"Almost there..."

Mumbling, the miso soup finally withered away at the bottom of the bars. I had to make my escape before I ended liking this place or going insane. I've been here for around three months at least. It wasn't actually that bad but I felt trapped. I have gotten a lot closer with most of them. They were actually really nice but I haven't left this room in a long time and it's driving me up the wall. Climbing back down, I landed on my soft large bed with no sound at all.

This place was nice with white wall. It helped feel slightly more homely when Marco gave me lots of pillows. It all fit onto the bed easily. There was even nice fluffy blankets. I had a lot of paper and ink to draw with. There was also a lot of books after Marco found out I liked them. Even being a feedingbag wasn't that bad, if it was done with care then it felt good but if it was with someone who didn't really know how to properly do it like Ace. It was slightly painful.

I felt like a trapped bird in a cage. A nice cage but still a cage. I heard a knock on the door and in came Thatch with dinner. A bright smile on his face as he gave me food. He sat down opposite of me while I ate, asking for feedback constantly. He was trying to get better at cooking food for humans since I was the first one Whitebeard has allowed in. It was nice talking to him. He was really into trying to get better at cooking even if he was naturally gifted at it.

"All in all, it's great Thatch!" I praised

"Aha! Good to know!You know after all this time none of us have gotten your name. We've just called you Runner because Marco does."

"...uhm uh uhm"

"You alright over there? You've suddenly gone all awkward again" Thatch questioned with a wave of his hand.

"Sorry! Uhm it's just uh, I- uh ...my name's (M/N) (L/N)!" I said bowing.

"Pffft-! Hahahahahha, holy shit, you're really awkward! Honestly though, I don't mind it. It's hilarious!" Thatch laughed

A finger was pointed at me while Thatch clutched his stomach, wings fluttering with his laughter. My face heated up rapidly before I heard another person knocking and entering. It was Ace and from how much his stomach was growling. It seems that he needed a bite out of me. He waited impatiently for me to finish eating before he asked with a red face. Sighing, I agreed to Ace's demands.

"Thanks Runner!"

Angels and Demons seems to be able to extract the soul from any part of the body as long as they bit into but way more experienced people like Whitebeard don't need to bite me. Ace bit my finger and immediately I felt drained and in slight pain. He didn't even leak any blood yet I feel like he just cut me. Thatch watched in distaste because Ace was causing me pain. He moved Ace over before demonstrating how to do it correctly again. Thatch bit just the tip of my finger and it was way less painful. He pulled back afterwards.

"You see? You gotta be more careful. Man... Are you trying to kill him? By the way, (M/N), tasty as always."

"Uhm thanks?"

"(M/N)? Wait... you know his name? How come you found out first?!" Ace complained.

"Cause I asked nicely and got to know him" Thatch laughed

Thatch grinned as he picked up the plates and left but not before he ruffled my hair. He stuck his tongue out jokingly on the way out as he dragged out Ace with him. Grumbling, I began reading the books Marco got for me to buy time before Marco came in a bit later. He seemed slightly tired. He flopped onto the bed, rubbing his eyes. I got worried and got onto the bed. I offered out my hand so he could eat.