Not Allowed To Eat That

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

After spending some time trying to chill only to fail, I stuck mostly to Ace and Jimbei. Jimbei was very calming so I was pretty alright with him and I knew Ace but the rest... They scare me. In the span of a hour, they had broken out into a fight. First with Sanji telling Luffy not to steal food before Nami getting pissed at Luffy and somehow Zoro for other things they did. Then, it was just a spiral downhill, the only people who weren't losing their shit miraculously other than Jimbei was Robin. Even the cute half animal half angel, Chopper was freaking out over the injuries especially since Ace joined.

"Uh, I hope I'm not rude but this... Ah is it normal?" I asked nervously pointing a finger at the fighting group.

"Pretty much." Jimbei replied.

"Don't worry about it, Nervous Wreck"

"Eh?!"

"I mean it's true, don't worry I'll stop teasing from now on. Let's go eat a snack. Sanji, could we have some sandwiches and sweets please?" Robin politely smiled at Sanji.

"ANYTHING FOR YOU ROBIN-SWAAAN!"

Sanji stopped kicking Zoro and left to the kitchen while Robin and Jimbei pulled me to a table where we sat. In a matter of minutes, Robin and Jimbei got to get me to feel less stressed when I wasn't looking at the chaos although I could hear it. Terrifying. There was a plate of sweets served for us and sandwiches. I reached out for the cinnamon rolls and grabbed one since I hadn't had one in so long but I felt a very warm torso crash into me when I tried to take a bite. Ace had slapped the cinnamon roll away.

My puzzled gaze met Ace's one with a stern gaze. He looked serious. Were they poisoned? It's highly unlikely since everyone seemed to like us and Ace was Luffy's brother. Everyone went silent and stared at us. I felt like I had done something incredibly wrong yet I'm sure eating cinnamon rolls were fine. I picked it back up and tried to bite into it but Ace just slapped it back onto the plate. I tried again. Failed. I decided to get some answers.

"A...Ace what are you doing?" I asked

"Just no. Seems wrong. You're not allowed to eat cinnamon rolls ever." Ace stated boldly

"...why?" I questioned

"Don't seem right" Ace huffed.

"I agree with Ace! It looks wrong!" Luffy yelled from across the room.

Blinking, I apologized and took some other sweets like the pancakes before digging in. Ace ate the cinnamon roll for me while I conversed with Robin about quite a few things. She was somebody who was interested in the history of planet earth and I told her whatever I remembered which wasn't much. Sanji sat opposite of us while Ace wrapped his arms around my neck, nuzzling my head. Luffy joined in the nuzzling which scared me since he had called me meat a few times. However, I found myself having fun even with Zoro who was trying to find more booze.

"Hey meat...(M/-...hmm (M/N)?" Luffy tried calling out.

"Yeah?"

"Nothing! I think I like calling your name! Sounds better than meat"

"Uh why did you call me meat in the first place"

"Cause I wanted to eat your soul but I like you now so I won't! Shishishi! Welcome to the Strawhats!"

Blinking, I was baffle by Luffy meant welcoming me into the group as a member or in general to the territory. Clearly Ace knew the answer since he got off me and gave Luffy a rough ruffle on the head, telling him that I was already apart of the Whitebeard territory and even showed off my armband that had the sign. Luffy pouted and whined before asking me to join. I rejected him. Him and Ace got into a fight over that while I apologized to the rest. Sanji waved it off before explaining that it was normal since they were brothers. Siblings get on each other's nerves easily.

"(M/N), how did you end up in the Whitebeard territory in the first place?" Sanji questioned

".. it's a long story" I nervously rubbed the back of my head

"Are you happy?" Zoro asked.

My eyes widened in surprise at the question before thinking about it. However, looking at Ace arguing childishly with Luffy made something swell up inside of me. I never really felt alive before this invasion nor after but being kidnapped by the Whitebeard members is probably the best thing that has happened. I could easily have left multiple times but I didn't. They treated me kindly. They were nice and made me feel welcome. I was no longer just passing day by day just surviving, I was living. I felt truly alive.

My eyes were certain as I looked at Sanji and Zoro before putting my hands together with a big grin stretched my cheeks upwards. A big tooth smile as my eyes lit up and I clasped my hands together with certainty. My shoulders were completely relaxed and I felt slightly unhinged in the moment. My sudden bright cheerful demeanor must be shocking. I gave my answer easily without being a nervous wreck. A rare sight.

"Absolutely, I'm probably at one of the happiest times right now!"

-
A/N: Hi! Thank you for reading this chapter! Fun fact, Dragonoooop suggested the cinnamon roll idea so long ago but I took forever to write this chapter and had to incorporate the cinnamon roll scene somehow but I did. Second fun fact, (M/N) is really happy about being among the Whitebeard members that his final line this chapter shows that he can briefly not be so awkward when he's happy. Also, (M/N) has a bad habit for just apologising but I feel like that would be dragging out the scene here. Thank you again! Comment your thoughts below!

 Thank you again! Comment your thoughts below!