Shanks Gets a Scolding

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

"Ow, where am I?" I asked

"Oh great you're up, sorry about our captain. He can't stop flirting when he starts" Benn apologised.

"I'm so sorry Bookworm" Shanks apologised rubbing his head that had a large red bump

"Shanks uh where did you get the bump?" I asked trailing off.

"Don't worry, he deserved it." Benn reassured.

Getting up, everyone decided to head back but I held onto the documents as promised after I went to an additional location. Shanks made a portal to the general Whitebeard territory which I thanked him for. Stepping through, I noticed I was in the torn down city. I thanked everyone with a bow before leaving to the palace where Marco greeted me with a gentle smile. Rushing into his arms, I hugged him which must have been a surprise but he brushed his fingers through my hair.

"Hey (M/N)-yoi, did you hit your head? You have a slight bump here."

"Uh.. it's hard to explain." I mumbled hiding in Marco's sleeve.

"Well, I have lots of time."

"Uhm, sure so Shanks... kind of flirted with me a bit too much and I passed out from the compliments."

"Oh, I'll be sure to give him a 'nicer' warning next time-yoi" Marco said.

"Eh, no it's fine! Uh Benn already beat Shanks up. I have the documents, here you go" I handed them over.

"Still... if you have any more issues with that brat then I'll help. Let's get this to Pops. Good job" Marco praised.

Marco walked with me to Whitebeard who greeted us with his large cup of beer. I laughed slightly at that while Marco read out the documents with the commands in the room. Everyone was happy with my finds and they upheld their share of the agreement by sending over half the information to Shanks. Ace and Thatch gave me hugs once the meeting was over. I happily smiled at the two. Whitebeard told me to stay behind while everyone left the room. It was only the two of us.

"(M/N), you've been hear for nearly half a year. Do you like it here?"

"Uh-huh! Of course I do! Why do you ask Dad?"

"Guehehe, I wanted to make sure you were happy with your life now. What was life for you back then? Before us Angels and Demons took over?"

"Hmm, uh nothing special really. I worked as Video Game Designer in character design and animation, I guess... That doesn't exist anymore since uhm the internet basically crashed. It uhm paid alright for the bills but I had to work at a Coffee Shop just to socialise uh because I kept making excuses to stay inside my room."

"Guehehehehe, interesting? So tell me son, did you have any lovers?"

"Heh?! Me?! No! Uh!"

"GUEHEHE, calm down son. I'm teasing you"

"...uh well I'm just going to say it was impossible for me to socialise so.. uhm any flirting was extremely awkward and uh that turned away a lot of people"

"I don't see a problem in you being awkward, it's a bit hard to understand you sometimes with your mumbling and constant awkwardness but no one is perfect so there's no need for you to be. Anyways, I'm happy I got to know you more."

"Uh-huh.. thank you, bye!" I rushed off with a red face.

Whitebeard's content laugh could be heard as he bid me farewell. I headed to my room where I showered before changing into my pyjamas. Then, I crawled into bed with a content sigh before I heard knocking on the door. It was Marco. He came in with a wave so I welcomed him. He brought a new plushie. He needed a bite so I offered it to him. It didn't hurt at all thankfully, just the usual light-headed aftermath. He slipped into my bed afterwards and hugged me which I appreciated. It really did get cold in this palace.

"Sleepy (M/N)-yoi?"

"Uh-huh..."

"Goodnight then."

"Gnight.."

The next morning, I woke up to Marco and Ace as well as Thatch in my bed. I snuggled into the sheets for more warmth since the brutally cold air was nipping at my skin. Ace's arms wrapped around me and kept me warm which I appreciated since he was a personal heater. The only one that wasn't was Thatch but I still appreciated the body warmth. I fell back asleep and the next time I woke up, Thatch had brought me breakfast with a grin on his face while I happily sighed. Digging in, it tasted yummy as expected from the talented chef.

"So do you plan on exploring the new territory by yourself?" Thatch asked.

"Mhm, the one uh Big Mom didn't really want." I agreed

"That's good, be safe." Thatch smiled.

After eating, I thanked Thatch and in return he got a bite to eat from me before I went into the bathroom to change. Once I was done, I left and noticed how there were more plushies then before I stepped into the bathroom. Marco and Ace must've stopped by. I put on a coat before leaving to head to the new area. Briskly walking, I looked around for anything interesting as the landscape slowly changed into one of unfamiliar style. As in the architectural design of the buildings were different.

After exploring a bit, I noticed the ground beneath me was sticky like Mochi. That's weird. Then, I came face to scarf with the same tall man I saw at the banquet. I believe he was Katakuri. He released me from the mochi which I thanked him for. After inquiring about his presence here, I got a short answer to scout the area. I nodded at this and awkwardly fumbled before shuffling my feet. Reluctantly, after much staring on his part, he offered his hand out to me which was massive. He could easily grab me just like Whitebeard could.

"Ah t-thanks Katakuri!"

"...No problem"

A/N: Katakuri is back baby! Fun fact, Kid is going to make an appearance next chapter....hehehe and Katakuri will be there. Second fun fact, Shanks was beaten up by Benn for flirting too much but Shanks won't stop. Thanks for reading!(◍•ᴗ•◍)❤ I like comments so feel free to drop one.

 Thanks for reading!(◍•ᴗ•◍)❤ I like comments so feel free to drop one