Being Let Out

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

"Now, come here son."

Whitebeard extended his hand out to me and I stepped on it before he lifted me onto his shoulder. I clung to Whitebeard's clothes so I wouldn't fall off. His thumb rubbing my head as if it was his form of patting my head. It seems he must be using something that an Angel could do since any negative emotions I had were fading away. I snuggled in the collar of his coat while Thatch cooed at how cute I looked snuggled up. Whitebeard slammed another bookshelf and told Thatch to fetch everyone to the throne room.

"Sure thing, Pops! See you soon (M/N)" Thatch left

"Good, now what to do with you son...  Is my coat that comfy?"

"Uh-huh" I nodded

"Fine, you can stay there for now... Your name is (M/N) right?"

"Uhum, (M/N) (L/N)" I nodded.

Whitebeard's laugh rumbled everything and I held on tight to his his clothes. He started walking and I really did clutch onto his clothing so I wouldn't be thrown off. The footsteps echoed through the palace hallways. He drank a cup of booze on his way there before sitting on the thrown. It was still rather empty until Marco came in in his Blue Phoenix form. He transformed back into his angel form and noticed I was on Whitebeard's shoulder, snuggling the coat. He flapped his wings and flew up to us and was going to pluck me off but Whitebeard told him not to.

"So you escaped your room Runner-yoi. I told you he would Pops. He's really smart-yoi." Marco rubbed the back of his neck.

The three of us waited before people started coming into the room with Thatch and Ace racing each other. Only for Marco to point out that he was first, those two crumpled to the floor in defeat. I let out a little laugh at that. My eyes noticed the large room was very packed to the brim with people. Most of them Angels except Ace. Whitebeard slammed his arm down onto the armrest to gather everyone's attention. Thatch stepped foward with his body facing towards the large amount of people.

An explanation about the details of earlier were given with Teach being labelled as a backstabber. Whitebeard made a gruff noise at that. Thatch then turned to me and thanked me for saving him which made a few people shocked since humans are very weak strength wise compared to a demon. Whitebeard gave a short speech about how his sons were the most important people to him so this hurt him greatly for such betrayal.

"Family is the most important thing and you all will do well if you remember that."

Whitebeard finished his speech and everyone was talking. A lot of people were still surprised about Teach's betrayal but it was obvious to them now about his strange attitude recently. I was getting really tired so I slept there and it was pretty cozy while Whitebeard briefed about all the steps that would be in place now to prevent such a thing from happening. Whitebeard may be the strongest angel but he had one of the comfiest coats I've ever felt.

Third P.O.V

"Oh my good, Pops I think (M/N) has fallen asleep on your shoulder. Aw, he's so tiny compared to you." Thatch gushed

"Shall I take him back to his room-yoi?"

"It would be good if you did and find out how he got out."

Whitebeard dismissed everyone rather quietly compared to usual since there was a sleeping person on his shoulder that he did not want to wake up the sleeping person. Marco flew up to (M/N) and carefully took him back to his room. He tucked the person in before brushing (M/N)'s hair back. Marco looked up and noticed the window was no longer barred. He flew up and investigated before he came to a conclusion. (M/N) used the salt content in his food to wither away the bars. Very smart.

Whitebeard was quite overprotective of (M/N) so he would most likely put up heavier security when Marco inevitably told him. However, maybe they could get a window installed instead of bars. It would be nicer and more homely. Maybe he would be agreeing to do this since he had grown very fond over (M/N). He was socially very awkward but it was cute. If he did end up falling in love with him then there was a solution to the person's short life span. For now though, (M/N) was grounded for two weeks. Leaving the room, Marco had a small smile before he told Pops how (M/N) got out.

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

Two weeks have flown by, I spent it learning how to shoot a gun since Ace said it would be great if my weapon arsenal wasn't just whacking people with a book. Marco and Ace would be the first ones to let me go out on a walk with them. It went smoothly if Ace didn't fall in a well. I managed to fish him out. Marco couldn't help but laugh at Ace the whole time while Ace was super embaressed. He couldn't turn to fire since he was soaked in water. Marco rattled on Ace to Thatch who then spilled it to everyone. Everyone got a good laugh while Ace turned even more red.

The next few months were a blast. I got to explore new areas under the guidance of Whitebeard's commanders. If I wanted an experience where I learned a lot it would be Marco. Ace was a chaotic mess and Thatch was fun. They normally went out together with me. It was always was an experience. Whitebeard seemed proud enough to start letting me go alone a year in. Those trips were even more fun since I didn't have to worry about Ace falling down a hole or Thatch giving away our presence.

During one of these expeditions, I came across a man with double sclera eyes that were gold. He wielded a massive sword on his back but would take down enemies with his small pocket knife. He was a demon and seemed to be well known. Dracule Mihawk. Our eyes met once and I froze. His pocket knife raised and completely sliced the ground next to me so I pulled out my gun and tried shooting him. Fear coursing through my veins but I put on a brave face.

A/N: Thanks for reading!