Chapter 5

I start walking towards the apartment when I spot a familiar looking car. I wonder where I've seen that before. I turn around to see what direction it's heading until I bump into a wall. Not again. But like always I look up and see that it's not a wall after all, it's a man, Jackson?

"What the hell?" I look up at him.

"What are the chances" he says.

"Yeah, as if someone like you would just be freely walking these streets." I say rolling my eyes

"Alright you caught me, I was looking for you. This should be around the time you finish you morning lecture, though it seems you left a little bit late?" He says.

"What? How do you know that? Where you stalking me?!" I say pushing him away.

"You could say that, I ran a background check on you. Miss Hannah Simmons." He says with his signature smirk.

"What a pig." I huff.

"Did you just call me a pig?"

"No I said what a-, um, a fig" I try to circumvent his question.

"Really?"

"Really."

"How are you, you know after what happened yesterday?" He says changing the subject.

"I'm good," I lie, I really wasn't, I still felt vulnerable. "What did you do to them Jackson?"

"Oh you don't have to worry about that." He replies. That makes me worry even more. "And you can call me Jack, all my friends do"

"Well I'm not your friend Jack, I mean Jackson."

"Come on I want to take you somewhere." He says.

"No I'm not riding with a stranger." I refuse.

"Oh come on, you know you can trust me." He pleads

"Fine, but only because I don't feel like walking home."

"About that, from now on Jeff will be then one to drive you everywhere." He states.

"No thank you, I don't need your charity."

"Hannah, I'm not asking." He says determined. We reach his car and he opens the passenger door for me. I go inside hesitantly.

"Where are you taking me?" I ask.

"You'll see when we get there." He replies as we leave the driveway.

After fifteen minutes of complete silence we arrive at the destination.

"Come on" he says opening the door and lending his hand. I ignore his hand and get up on my own.

"Seriously what do you think you're doing?"

"I want to show you something." He puts his hand on my back and guides me to what looks like a fishing range.

"I know you like fish after our encounter the other day, and I know you like fishing after, well after running a background check on you." He says.

"Okay, that's not creepy at all." I say sarcastically. "Oh my god is that a F360 fishing rod?!" I yell rushing over to hold the beauty in front of me. "I've always wanted one of these!"

"I know, that's why it's here." He says chuckling.

"My dad and I used to always go fishing together." I say trying to hold my tears back. The last time I went fishing was when I went with my father the weekend before their crash.

"I'm sorry." He says rubbing my back.

"Right, so you know about that too."

"I'm sorry Jack I can't do this." I say walking away as a fountain of tears explodes from my lacrimal glands (eyes).

"Wow wait what's wrong? I thought you'd like this." He says hold my arms.

"Well I don't okay. This is too much, I can't do it without him." I retort tears flowing down.

"I am sorry I should have known

"I am sorry I should have known."

"Too bad your background checks don't tell you everything. Look Jackson, I can't do this, not with you and not with anyone. Leave me alone." I run over the street and wave for a taxi driving by. He thankfully stops and I open the door to enter.

"Wait." Jackson hold my arms. "I'll drop you."

"Let go of me." I say removing my arms from his hands. I enter the back seat and close the door. I look at him as he starts to get smaller and smaller.

After arriving at my apartment I see Venessa and Brad watching a movie together.

"Hello friends." I yell bringing the attention to myself.

"Hey!" They both say together.

"Wow, Hannah were you crying?" Venessa says pausing the movie and coming over to me.

"No I wasn't, just tired." I lie.

"Oh baby you know you can't lie to me." She says hugging me. "What happened?"

"It's a long story I'll tell you later. Now what movie are you guys watching?" I say changing the subject.

"Mean Girls." Brad yells from the sofa.

"Oh my god, 1 or 2?"

"One." he replies.

"Oh yeah, scoot over." I say pushing him and grabbing the popcorn from his hands. Venessa comes and sits next to me, I cuddle into them both like a child and watch my sorrows away.

...
To be continued
...