Chapter 18

***
3 years ago.

It was time to execute Plan C.

I knew Jack was busy watching TV now so I thought this would be the best moment.

I made a big thud and lied down under the stairs.

"Ouch! I'm hurt!" I scream.

"Hannah are you okay?!" Jack comes yelling at me in panick.

"No I'm not, I fell down the stairs." I whine.

He picks me up and carries me to the couch. He gets an ice pack from the fridge and holds it to my knees.

"I'll call Jeff, you need to go to the hospital." He says seriously.

"Yes, we need to."

He exits the living room to call Jeff. Out of excitement I get up and start jumping.

"Yes, yes, yes!" I whisper loudly.

"Oh it seems you've recovered fast." He says crossing his arms over his chest.

"I- um, ouch my legs that was just adrenaline." I scream collapsing to the floor.

"That's not going to work on me love." He replies picking me up. "It's okay you tried." He says pulling me in a hug.

~
After my last attempt at escaping failed, I gave up. But not entirely, I would never forgive him this easily.

I was currently making dinner for us, I decided I'd make shrimp and white rice. The two things Jack hates the most. I knew he'd eat it anyway because "everything my hand makes is delicious."

I suddenly felt a wave of scorching pain in my lower abdomen. I quickly put down the pot and held my hand to my stomach.

"Ahhhh." I groan slowly falling to the ground. "Jack!" I yell at him. He quickly came rushing down the stairs.

"Please my abdomen hurts!" I plead.

His expression turns from worry to relief. "Haha, that trick is not going to work on my a second time." He says. "Come on get up."

"Jack, no please, I can't take it." I groan quietly, unable to speak properly because of the pain.

"Very funny." He says.

Before I could reply I felt the world around me black out, and the last thing I heard was Jack calling my name.

~

"Hannah!" I hear Jack rushing over to me.

"Jack?" I say weakly. "Where am I?" 

"I had to take you to the hospital, you got really sick, gosh Hannah I'm so sorry." He says tears dropping down his face.

I put my hand in his cheek and smile softly. "It's ok Jack, I lo-"

Before I could finish someone clears their throat.

"Miss Simmons, welcome back." I look around to see Michael.

"Michael?" I say.

"Hello Hannah, you just came out of an appendectomy, we needed to remove your appendix because it was severely inflamed. You need to get lots of rest, and you need to stay here for a few days." He explains.

"What? But I had no symptoms of an infected appendix!" I reply in shock.

"Yes, sometimes it's symptoms aren't severe until the appendix becomes severely infected." He replies.

I simply nod my head and he exits the room.

"Hannah, I'm so glad you're okay, I wouldn't know how to breathe without you." Jack says.

"Well you've been doing it for 27 years, I'm pretty sure you won't have a problem." I scoff rolling my eyes, why does he have to exaggerate this much?

"I'll go get you some lunch, you haven't eaten anything since yesterday." He says and exits the room.

A little while after he leaves Michael enters the room.

"Hi." I smile at him.

"Hey, I was so worried about you." He says walking over to me as he injects something into serum. "This should help you with the pain." He says.

"Thank you."

"It's not my place to ask, but seriously Hannah where were you?" He interrogates me. "I looked everywhere for you, I was about to file a missing persons report this morning if you had not showed up."

But before I could answer Venessa comes barging in with obvious tears on her face. "Oh gosh Hannah! Where were you?!" She yells coming over to hug me, and I groan in pain at her impact.

"Sorry, I forgot." She says sympathetically.

"It's a long story." I tell her.

"Professor! It's good to see you." Venessa says as she notices Michael. "Or should I say doctor."

"You too Venessa." He smiles at her. "Well, I'll leave you two alone, I'll check up on you later Hannah."

"Bye." We both wave at him.

"Hannah, you have to tell me EVERYTHING." She demands.

"Well, it all started when I was having lunch with Michael..." I start narrating the story that would take forever to finish.

_____________________
Authors note:

And that's the end of the chapter. As always I appreciate your support and your reads. Please don't forget to comment and vote, it really motivates me to keep writing