Chapter 14

****
Present time

I left Venessa's house after sharing with her the news of my pregnancy. It was late and I thought I'd better get back home before Jack gets back from work. I call Jeff to take me from Venessa's back home.

~

After I arrive home safely, I decide that maybe I'll cook dinner for the two of us. I thought it would be the perfect time to tell him the news.

I made a shrimp salad with baked potatoes and some well done steak. It smelt really good and my appetite was on the rails. I suddenly hear the rattling of keys and the doorknob twist. It's him.

"Hi babe, welcome home." I greet him with a smile offering to take off his coat.

He ignores me and walks straight up stairs without sparing me a second glance. Weird, and quite frankly rude. I couldn't help but feel hurt as to how coldly he's been treating me lately. Ever since we lost her.

****
3 years ago

Today, Venessa and I will finally be graduating from med school. We were so exited that we'd finally move on to the next chapter of our life, i.e residency. Venessa decided she'd just go on to becoming a GP because "she was sick of all the details." Her words not mine. I on the other hand wanted to specialize in neurology.

I can't believe so much has happened in the past year. From meeting the worst mistake of my life, who just so happens to be named Jackson Knight in the Fritz Gala, to finally graduating. Oh and after Professor Michael left a few months ago, I've been hanging out with I'm a lot. Turns out not only is he a good teacher but also a good friend.

"Willow Stevens, honors class" the administrator calls out, breaking me from my train of thoughts. A harmony of claps and cheers arose as he stood up to receive his diploma.

"Venessa Tyler, honors class." He continues. Venessa's what I like to call a natural genius. She does not study AT ALL and still ends up with higher grades than almost everyone.

"Now last but definitely not least our first class honors, Hannah Simmons." He calls out and I get up from my seat to receive the diploma while everyone claps and cheers.

~

After the graduation ceremony we were all invited to the post graduation dinner party. I decided to invite Michael and an old friend from high school. Of course I badly wanted Jack to be here but I didn't have to guts to invite him.

"So Hannah, you and I can finally become work mates." Michael said patting my arm.

"I'm so exited to start working there, I can't believe you managed to get me an interview in the most prestigious hospital Michael!" I say thanking him for the hundredth time.

"Oh it wasn't me, it was all you." He humbly replies.

We continue the conversation until my phone rings indicating a text message. It's from an unknown number, weird.

Come outside, second exit. It said.

Though the logical side of me told me that I probably shouldn't go outside, because for all I know the person could be a serial murderer. But my curiosity overcame me, I guess curiosity did indeed kill the cat.

I excuse myself from the conversation I was having with Michael and leave through the second exit. I take with me my taser incase it really is an attempted murder. But then I'm bewildered by the site in front of me. There were petals on the ground, candles that lit up the dark night and flowers everywhere. With a huge sign hovering over that said "Congratulations Doctor Shrimp I knew you would make it." I smile knowing who set this up. He didn't forget. I suddenly look up to see the face I haven't seen in six months now.