Chapter 21

2 years and 11 months ago.

Michael and I spent that weekend at the Fritz hotel enjoying each other's company. I wasn't ready to face the world yesterday and sure as hell not planning to today.

"Come on Hannah." His thick British accent pierces the atmosphere's tranquility.

"No!! Come on stay in bed, the outside world is too much for me." I grab his arms back in bed.

"We've been here for 2 days now! You didn't even exit your best friends wedding in an orderly manner." He reminds me, right I totally forgot that I didn't even get to say goodbye to Venessa before she left to her honeymoon RIGHT after the wedding.

"Ughh! British people and their strict etiquette." I huff in annoyance.

He walks over to the curtains and opens them exposing the scorching sunlight.

"My eyes!" I scream in agony.

"Come on you big baby, let's get you in the shower." He winks at me.

~

After a very long and relaxing shower, we finally made our way to the hotel restaurant for some breakfast.

"I am STARVING." I scream as I see the restaurant's buffet setup, I get a few judging and annoyed looks from people in the restaurant but I brush them off.

"Sweetheart, you might want to refrain from announcing that to the world next time." He smiles at me pulling the chair for me to sit.

"What? I can't deny my mind from speaking itself." I shrug and take a seat.

He smiles with his bright perfect teeth, "well then, what would you like me to bring for you."

"Hmmm, just one of everything, or you know what two of everything if it's sweet, and one if it's savory." I say, "oh and don't forget the pancakes, I want 3 of those!"

He laughs and shakes his head. "Coming right up mademoiselle."

~

After breakfast we decided it was time we check out of the hotel and get back to the reality that awaits outside the hotel's horizons.

Besides we both had jobs to attend to, luckily we worked at the same hospital.

"You want to head on directly to the hospital or go to my place first?" Michael asked me as we were driving to the main highway.

I knew Venessa wouldn't be at my apartment, and though I'm seriously curious to see Michaels house, I thought going to the hospital would be more efficient.

"We'll just go to the hospital directly."

"Alright."

We enter the hospital and pass through the reception hall, but I'm stopped by a nurse calling my name.

"Dr. Simmons! There's someone who wants to see you."  She says from across her desk.

"Me? Who is it?" I question perplexed.

"Hannah." I hear a deep voice, Jack.

"Jack? What the hell are you doing here?" I ask him, thinking it was inappropriate to come to my workplace just to argue again. "You know what let's not make a scene, let's go to my office."

I see Michael still standing watching the scene in front of him, I whisper a sorry and lead Jack towards my office.

"What you come here to 'win me back'?" I roll my eyes once we're in the office.