Chapter 15

***
3 years ago

I woke up the next morning with a pounding headache. It was as if someone had hit my head with a hockey stick, or worse a baseball bat. I get up groaning and head directly to the shower, hoping it would ease the pain a little bit.

Once I finished getting ready I got out my room and headed directly to the kitchen.

"Hello sleepyhead." Venessa says from over the counter.

"Why are you yelling?" I ask her, she sounded louder than sirens.

"Sweetheart that's the sound of your liver trying to digest that alcohol." She says.

"Oh no." I said remembering how I had drank too much yesterday.

"Aha, you must not remember everything huh." She said raising her eyebrow.

"I, um, OH MY GOD VENESSA!" I said gasping. "I kissed Michael." I recalled in shock.

"What?" She replies in shock. "I thought he just put you down."

"He did but I kind of pushed it." I said with guilt. " I have to go." I continue taking the car keys and heading out.

"What? Where to?!" She shouts but I don't reply and close the door behind me.

~

I get out the car after parking it and head inside the hospital. Hopefully I'll find him.

"Hello miss, can you tell me where Doctor Michael is please?" I tell the nurse at the front desk.

"Last name?" She says without looking up.

"Forbes." I tell her.

"Do you have an appointment?" She asks.

"No but we're friends." I inform her hoping she'll help me out.

"Alright I'll call him and inform him, wait there five minutes." She says monotonously.

5 minutes later she calls me up and leads me to his office. I knock and enter.

"Hi." I say quietly.

"Hannah, hello!" He says getting up and giving me a hug, as if nothing happened between us. "To what do I owe this pleasant surprise?"

"Am, well I just came here to apologize, you know after last nights events." I say awkwardly.

"Please have a sit." He says smiling and motioning to the chair in front of this. "Well Hannah, there is nothing to apologize for, I understand your circumstances." He continues smiling gently.

"Thank you Michael, I just I don't know I feel bad for forcing myself on you like that, I promise you it's not how I'm usually like." I explain.

"Trust me Hannah, I know you enough to know that you are a respectable and charismatic young lady." He says holding my hand. "Besides, its not like that kiss was all you." He winks.

I chuckle and thank him for understanding.

"Well, Michael I better get going I don't want to take too much of your time." I tell him getting up from my chair.

"No not at all I'm in my lunch break, in fact how about I take you out for lunch?" He offers.

"I don't know Michael, I don't want to trouble you." I say.

"Come on, it's only a lunch with a friend, and your ex professor whom you also kissed." He laughs.

"Haha." I roll my eyes at him. "I guess there's nothing wrong with that." I say sarcastically getting up and taking his arm.