chapter 5

RECAP: mishti and abir checks the CCTV and finds the kuhu's visit ... 

abir:mishti ... we have searched all public places... it's getting late... I think you should file a police complaint ... this is getting serious...

mishti: I can't file a police complaint ... 

air: why?

mishti: I just cant ... 

abir:yaar...think ...your sister can be in danger somewhere... we two cannot find her alone...

mishti: no, I can't file a complaint ...

abir: then I will do ... this may get serious than it seems ... you know it's not safe for women ...the society is not safe... and you know that...

mishti sat down on a bench crying...

mishti: I know that... but ... I just can't go to the police right now... I don't know what to do?...why this is happening to me?

abir saw the sorrow in her eyes....he kneeled in front of her ... looked into her eyes ...

abir: I don't know what is your situation ... I don't know your story ... but I know that you are going through a lot ... if you really think police is not safe... then we don't have to go to police...just don't give up...

mishti slowly started stopped crying...

abir: sometimes life do not do justice...but don't give up...giving up means giving extra points for bad power...

mishti was looking at abir with tear-filled eyes...

abir: oh I thought you were a fighter type girl... I never thought you were a crybaby...

mishti: I am not ... okay... I just got emotional for a moment ...that's all...

mishti(in mind): I never knew ... I can gain this much confidence and courage from a stranger... it really feels good to have support from someone without any other expectations...

abir: oh...i see...

mishti: are you on punishment?

abir headed no.

mishti: are you apologizing to someone?

abir: no .

mishti: are you proposing to me?

abir: no(with a frown )

mishti: then why are you kneeling till now ?!!

abir realized he had been kneeling for some time and smiled...

mishti laughed...

abir stood up ...

abir: now ...come on ... you have to gain strength to search again... come on ... let's eat...

mishti tried to say no but not her stomach...

mishti:ah...all hotels are closed ... what to do?...we have to go inside the city to eat... my stomach is going to eat me...

abir: chill... you will have no problems until you are with me...wait here...

abir returned with a bag...

abir: come on... let's go...

mishti: did you buy readymade food?

abir: wait and watch...

abir and mishti reaches NGO office...

abir: you go and refresh ... I will make something for us to eat...