Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4 (Tris POV)

I'm still. Frozen in time. I had so much fear built up inside of me as I turned around and to find what lays before me just made my heart stop.

Four. Is. A. Merman.

I struggle to find words but Four cuts off my stutter.

"Let me explain somewhere else, come on otherwise everyone else will come and look for us." Four grabs my arm and leads me away from the shore. We swim further and further away and I start to get worried.

"Four where are we going?" I ask.

"Just follow me okay? Are you okay?" He asks with pure care and concern in his dazzling blue eyes.

"Yeah I guess just still trying to register it." I say back in a quiet voice. He then ushers me forward and we continue our journey until we reach what almost looks like a tunnel. We slips his hand into mine as we enter the dark water. As my vision clears again I surface the water only to be met with the most spectacular thing I have seen. My eyes are glued open so I can take in the decorated cave.

"Four did you do this?" I ask a little too girly. He just chuckles and replies

"So I'm guessing you like it?"

"Like it, I LOVE it!" The walls are decorated with shells that he has collected. He has all of this treasures and other ornaments displayed along the rock wall. When you look up you can see the baby blue sky through a hole in the roof of the cave. With an expression of pure awe on my face I swim over to the ledge so Four and I can sit and chat.

"So oh most mysterious Four. Tell me how all of this occurred." I say with a cheeky grin on my face. 'I had no idea someone could look so sexy with a tail.'

"Well thanks Tris I could say the same about you." Four says with a wink. Shit! I said that out loud didn't I. I blush a deep crimson colour.

"Hmmm... My story. Well, when I was four years old my father decided to stab my mother so I ran away. I found this cave and being the idiot I am I fell into this very pool where I found my ring. My curious four year old mind couldn't help but put it on causing me to turn into this." I could tell he was trying to keep the mood light because it must be hard for him to talk about his parents.

"Four if you were four years old how on Earth were you smart enough to get food and supplies to live? Like no offense or anything."

"Well when I was walking the streets by myself these people found me and asked me who I was. I didn't want them to find out that I was Marcus Eaton's son. The son of a murderer so on the spot I came up with the name Four. Original right? Anyway, I made up the excuse that I was out getting something for my uncle so eventually they took me back to my uncle Amar's house. Amar took me under his wing. He never found out about me though. I lived with him but spent most of my time here anyways. When I was 12 Amar passed away. From what? I don't know. He was the closest thing I had to a father and so when he left I couldn't stand being on land anymore. I moved into this cave and made it my home." I see him trying to stay strong but I can still see the tears building up in his eyes threatening to spill.

"Wow Four I had no idea. Your so strong."

"Well when it was time to go to highschool, I did because there was no point of hiding in here forever. So I met the gang and then I met you and here we are."

"Well Four you have quite a story there." I try to lighten the mood again.

"Don't call me that." What? Huh?

"Why not? What do I call you?" I am so confused. Then I remembered he made up his name. He has a real one.

"Call me ... Tobias."

FOUR/TOBIAS POV

"Tobias... Okay." I like how that just rolled off her tongue.

"Wow it feels good to here my name again." She makes my name sound so good.

"And why do I have the pleasure of knowing your name?" Tris asks with a shy grin.

"Because your the only one that can know my name and my story. Tris, your the only one I have told. Your special to me now." At this comment she blushes and looks down. I take this as an opportunity to get closer to her. I reach for we chin and tilt her head so her gaze reaches my eyes.

"Tris, look at me. I have no body left. When I found out you were just like me I couldn't contain my excitement. I felt like I finally have found someone who I can talk to, who I can call family." At this point our faces are so close together we are breathing in the same air. I then take a leap and close the gap between us. At first she doesn't kiss back and I was really disappointed. I pulled away and looked into her eyes only to find that she suddenly leans in and kisses me. And I kiss back harder. God Tris's lips are so warm, so gentle yet there is a fiery passion behind them that causes a spark in my stomach. My arms wrap around her petite waist as she takes her arms and snakes them around my neck and into my hair. I lick her bottom lip asking for entrance and she happily accepts. Our tongues fight for dominance but I end up winning. I pull back for air and rest my forehead against her's.

"Wow" she says breathless. I chuckle slightly at her remark. She slowly opens her eyes and stares at me with a huge grin on her face. "Tobias what's the time?" She asks in a sweet voice but with her sexy Australian accent. I get butterflies when she uses my real name. I look over at the clock and realise we have been here for over two hours!

"Tris, I hate to kill the mood but we should get back. We both know that Christina is gonna interrogate us when we get back."

"True. Come on then." Tris starts to slip back under the water but I grab her arm and pull her back to me.

"We can't go that way. It's too risky. Come on just follow me, I know another way out of here." And with that we pull ourselves out of the water and evaporate the water so we return to our human form. I grab Tris's hand and lead her out of the cave and back towards Uriah and Zeke's house, ready to be tackled with a million questions.

A/N aghhhhh FOURTRIS 😝 anyway hope you enjoyed and don't forget to review xx ~Alex~