Story 1: Hikaru Ichibanboshi

Synopsis:

A middle school student who also works as a model, Hikaru loves flashy things and standing out in the crowd.

With his extreme luck, he pulled out his buddy from the strongest class of monsters after starting Buddyfight.

On the surface, he seems to conduct himself frivolously, however, he also spares no effort in making himself shine on stage.

His mother runs a small Bento(lunch box) store. Born on 7th July.

________________________________________________

“This victory is mine☆!”

A roar of approval echoed through the stadium.

At the center of attention was a young man in a flashy outfit, his body twisted in a dramatic pose. Hearing his declaration, the announcer lost her composure.

“He’s done it! The winner of the second match of the Model Buddyfighter Ultimate Play-offs semi-final round is our new rising star, Hikaru Ichibanboshiiiii!”

Her excitement was understandable.

The Model Buddyfighter Ultimate Play-offs was the biggest event of the year, with participants that included celebrities from the entertainment industry. The last semi-final round had concluded, which meant that the second competitor that would be heading to this year’s finals had just been decided – the young man still showing off his signature pose, Hikaru Ichibanboshi.

Currently a ninth grader, Hikaru had continued an amazing winning streak despite it being his first time participating in the tournament. Now he was moving on to the final round.

“Mister Hikaru, your next match will be the finals. How do you feel about this upcoming match?”

“What a foolish question. Obviously, the winner will be me, Hikaru Ichibanboshi☆!”

“You seem incredibly confident. Do you have some secret strategy up your sleeve?”

“A secret strategy? My strategy is being me, Hikaru Ichibanboshi, of course☆!”

“Pardon?”

“After all, everyone knows the world revolves around the one and only me☆!”

As Hikaru winked at the camera, brilliant stars flew all around him.

The interviewer couldn’t help but smile wryly in response.

For the spectators and the interviewer, this was an all too familiar scene. The whole world knew Hikaru Ichibanboshi as a flamboyant, confident character who radiated positivity no matter what came his way.

Yes, that was what the world knew…

The final match was the next day.

◇ ◇ ◇